2002 Escalade 6.0 Idling Too Low
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, 2002 Escalade 6.0 Idling Too Low in Cadillac Escalade Forums; The company I work for has a 2002 Escalade AWD with the 6.0 engine. The main modification done to the ...
    GumbyClayman is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Unhappy 2002 Escalade 6.0 Idling Too Low

The company I work for has a 2002 Escalade AWD with the 6.0 engine. The main modification done to the car is that it was s t r e t c h e d about 180" to become the FIRST AND (so far) ONLY ESCALADE LIMO IN THE ST LOUIS AREA!! It has quickly become our most popular vehicle. So popular, the boss man is considering another one the first of next year! I LOVE IT!! I get PAID to drive these things!!
    Anyhow, on to why I'm here!! We have 2 main problems:

1.) The "Service Stability System" warning on the message indicator is always on...it's been to the dealer & they can't find anything wrong with the system. The coachbuilder (limo builder) has looked at it & can't find any wires pinched or grounded out or anything HE did to cause it.

2.) The engine idles WAY too low. At least for OUR purposes, it does. According to the factory tach, it's idling at about 500 RPMs. Sometimes a little higher, sometimes a little lower. It probably wouldn't be a problem if this was a "regular" Escalade, but since it's a Limo, it often idles for long periods of time. The A/C becomes warm after a very short time. The dealer has looked at this also & tells me that the idle is computer controlled & there's no way to change it. That sounds ridiculous to me...there almost HAS to be a way to adjust it. If you know, PLEASE let ME know!

Hope this wasn't too long!! Thanks in advance!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Mad'lac is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1984 Fleetwood Brougham coupe

Re: 2002 Escalade 6.0 Idling Too Low

Sounds like the dealer is giving you the runaround. Have you taken it to another dealership?

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
    I know the idle can be adjusted with the Preditor, so the dealer can adjust the idle with their Scan Tool II, as said I would find another dealership, some are better than others

GumbyClayman is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Idle Problems

I haven't taken it to another DEALER, but I DID take it to our mechanic, who has a cool new Scan Tool (not sure what it's really called!) He DID idle it up, but when the car is restarted, it resets the idle circuit & it goes back to the low idle. The boss man tried a Nickel under the accelerator, but had the same result.:disappoin I found the website for the Predator, but I'm not sure the boss wants to shell out over $400 just to idle up a car. Still open for suggestions! Thanks!

the Sandman is offline ...Reloaded
    Automobile(s): '05 XLR

Re: Idle Problems

Quote Originally Posted by GumbyClayman
    I found the website for the Predator, but I'm not sure the boss wants to shell out over $400 just to idle up a car. Still open for suggestions!
    Tell the boss it will improve the mileage and efficiency...usually works on my boss, um, wife...

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

Re: Idle Problems

Quote Originally Posted by GumbyClayman
    I haven't taken it to another DEALER, but I DID take it to our mechanic, who has a cool new Scan Tool (not sure what it's really called!) He DID idle it up, but when the car is restarted, it resets the idle circuit & it goes back to the low idle. The boss man tried a Nickel under the accelerator, but had the same result.:disappoin I found the website for the Predator, but I'm not sure the boss wants to shell out over $400 just to idle up a car. Still open for suggestions! Thanks!

The GM Scan Tool II will hold the settings, your mechanic may have used an engine Analyzer that can change the idle but not change the prom in the computer.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.