Rubber coming out tire
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, Rubber coming out tire in Cadillac Escalade Forums; I have no idea where or how it got like this. Does anyone have an idea? I was riding and ...
    cadtimes is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 02 Escalade

Rubber coming out tire

I have no idea where or how it got like this. Does anyone have an idea? I was riding and started to here flat tire sound. Pulled over and it was flat. Filled up with air at a gas station to try to make it back home. I thought I had a hole that needed to be plugged. Took the tire off and saw that the air was coming from where that rubber is coming out the tire which is on the backside of the tire. I wanted to ask on here before I attempt to shove it back in with a screw driver or something which Im not sure if that will solve the problem. When I roll the tire it also sounds like something is rolling around in the tire. I guess thats not a big deal but is there something I can do with that rubber or should I take it to tire shop without messing with it?

rsz_tire.jpgrsz_tire1.jpg

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

the cadillac man is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade

Re: Rubber coming out tire

take it to a tire shop it might be a bad tire i have one on my 79 chrysler cordoba i have cause i had hit a pice of wood that some one had forgot to cover on their trailer two week after i had got the set and it has never held air good since. mainly cause it has sidewall damage and that is what looks what happened to your tire i just hope you don't have rim damage that can be a pain to fix i know thanks to the same piece of wood had bent the rim at the same time

Shouldnt I be able to see if it is bent?

if you look close and also pour some water on the tire it will help i have done that before whenever i pick up a nail in the tires me and my dad found one in one on my mom's van tire that was causing it to have a slow leak we plugged it and it ain't leaked since

and it looks to me like the rim is bent slightly but i can't really tell in the pic

I went to go look at it again and it does not look bent to me. The pic is a little deceiving. Jus because the rubber is away from the rim makes it look bent in that area in the picture.

CEPMAN is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 Cadillac Escalade ESV

Take the one rim to a GOOD rim shop and have 'em check it out. I had a kinda similar problem. Mine was a bad tire, and it was even less obvious than yours (not saying that yours is for sure a bad tire) Mine held air, but the ride was crap! New tire = problem solved

that is also true i have seen that happen before even with new sets one or more will be bad anyone remember what happen to ford with firestone and no i am not bashing ford even though i don't like ford just proving a point

I bought this tire about 5 months ago. I drive the truck mainly just on the weekends and rarely during the week. I tried checking the air pressure at least once every couple weeks. Im not a rough driver and dont even remember hitting any hard pot holes or anything else. Yet this happened. Crappy tire? Probably so.

i'd say you have a bad tire if you don't drive it much

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.