Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, 2006 escalade tranmission losing fluid, no leaks in Cadillac Escalade Forums; About the first 25k on it I noticed from 2-3 some slippage shifting-high rev. Brought it in and the dealership, ...
- 07-05-11 07:07 PM #1
2006 escalade tranmission losing fluid, no leaks
About the first 25k on it I noticed from 2-3 some slippage shifting-high rev. Brought it in and the dealership, they mentioned the tranny fluid level was low and they didn't see any leaks. Once they filled it, it seemed to work fine. Right about when the warranty was up I brought it in again and sure enough levels was low, no leaks anywhere. Then again at 50k. Now with 100k on it, just this last weekend I saw blue smoke come from the back of the truck. Then it did it again twice on a way to a job today. I brought it in to the dealer right away and he said nothings leaking, but it coming from the overflow valve and your level was low in the tranny. gauges are all fine, no slippage to note about even when pulling my boat.
After searching a bit, some people mentioned tranny fluid leaking into the transfer case. Wouldn't a simple check of the transfer case fluid level let the dealer know the seal between the 2 is bad?
Some questions I have are:
- What's causing the transmission to blow out the overflow valve all of a sudden?
- When I get a chance I'll check fluid level in transfer case, but would this have any affect on transmission over heating?
- Could be clogged cooling line?
- Nothing leaks not a drop, yet the fluid levels are low about every 20k.
+ Reply to Thread
Gear in this thread - Powered by O'Reilly Auto Parts
- Power Service Products Diesel Fuel Supplement +Cetane Boost - Diesel Fuel Treatment
Diesel Fuel Treatment - 1:400 Treatment Ratio; Treats Up To 40 Gallons; 16 Oz.
- Mr. Gasket - Fuel Pressure Gauge
Fuel Pressure Gauge - 1/8" male NPT fittingMore on Mr. Gasket - Fuel Pressure Gauge
- PowerTorque Tools - Ratchet
Ratchet - 1/4 Inch And 3/8 Inch Stubby DualMore on PowerTorque Tools - Ratchet