Aftermarket amp / subs install help!!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, Aftermarket amp / subs install help!! in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Hey everyone! I'm new to the forum but have come on here occasionally to get info when needed. However this ...
    netz is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cadillac Escalade EXT

Aftermarket amp / subs install help!!

Hey everyone! I'm new to the forum but have come on here occasionally to get info when needed. However this time I can't find anything in my searches to fit my exact situation. I have a 2005 Escalade EXT and am trying to install (2) 12" subs in a midgate box powered by an aftermarket Memphis class D amp. I need to know what all is involved and what else I will need to buy. I've never been good at figuring this kind of stuff out so detailed information would be very helpful. I would like to keep my factory navigation and speakers/amp, I just want to add some more bass. Thanks in advance for any help!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade

Re: Aftermarket amp / subs install help!!

get a speaker line to line level convertor and just hook the turn on lead to a switched power lead from the igitnion switch so it will turn on now if you want to keep the stock sub just tap into the wires if not and if you ain't gonna trade the truck in later on just cut the wires so it will make it easier to work with the convertor now if you need to know which color wire is which i have a wire color list for the sub good luck on the installation i know it is a pain to run wires i have been there just built a complete audio system for my 79 chrysler cordoba that i am restoring with nothing to start from had to get everything radio, amp and speakers but it sounds sweet and with a 12 inch DVC sub doing the bass it hits hard

plus i can't stress this enough to make some people understand don't mess with the wires behind the radio get the ones from the amp

Any specific brand? I don't want to buy something cheap but obviously I want to save money where I can. Or are most line level converters about the same?

Old Guy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 03 Tahoe... sold 05 ESV

If you dont know how to install a stereo in an overly complex system like the Escalades have, then i strongly suggest at least going to a professional to give you an estimate. Having been an installer for well over 20 years I am just saying there are easy ways which are minimally invasive to the system which acheive good results or there is the complete rewire to do it right.

The thing is, I like the way the speakers sound. I don't want to change out all my door speakers and put a new amp in to power them. I want to keep everything factory thats already there, I just want to add some more bass. I already have (2) Pioneer Premier TS-W12PRS subs, a Memphis 1000w class D amp, and a midgate box to house the subs. If there is a semi easy way to DIY then I want to tackle it myself and not have to pay someone else to do it. I'm very good at following directions, I just need some direction!

just get a scoche speaker to line leval adaptor and connect it to the wires from the sub channels from the bose amp if you need to know the wire colors i know which ones is which cause i have a wiring diagram for the sub connector in case i decide to put in a aftermarket sub
    p.s you can get the adaptor at walmart that is where i got mine to have in case

Okay can you email me the wire diagram please to eonettles(at)gmail(dot)com? I woud really appreciate that!

It wouldn't let me post a link so I had to edit my email.

And out of the two links in the next post, which one do you think will work better for me?

i'd go with the first link since the stock sub is two channel hence it is a dual voice coil sub and i will email you the diagram as soon as i find it on my computer i just put a bigger hard drive in my mac and i hope everything was copied from the backup look for general in my email address and you will know it's me

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.