Door extruding panels
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 2 Post By the cadillac man
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, Door extruding panels in Cadillac Escalade Forums; When I brought my EXT to the body shop for a new paint job, my friend told me that the ...
    Squiggly is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 Escalade EXT

Door extruding panels

When I brought my EXT to the body shop for a new paint job, my friend told me that the contour lines in the door were plastic extruding side panels. I had never paid any attention to it before, and I started wondering what
    it would look like without those. I know the 07+ doesn't have them. Has anybody experimented with this yet? Any pics? Is this even possible, or are these panels necessary?

Thanks, Anthony

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

bstiffmanofsteel is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): NONE

Re: Door extruding panels

Think Tahoe!

the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade

yes it will make it look like a tahoe i like the look anyway with the molding

ESCALADOR is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

plus the they line up with the bumpers. It would look like shit with them removed

it does look bad with bad with the molding removed i have seen mine with the rear right piece removed when i had it in the body shop due to damage done to the area and i didn't notice how much they line up with the bumper until i seen mine when it was getting repainted i think not having the molding makes it look cheap and tacky

Squiggly is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 Escalade EXT

Thanks for the info guys. I agree that it would look pretty bad. Especially after taking a closer look at the Tahoe! Like I said i never really paid attention to the lines that they create around the vehicle till I found out they were removable, now i see the fender and quarter panel lines. Haha, I have never appreciated those panels more.

they have to be so the repair guys came work on the body metal if you ever get any damage you will see why and they do have to replace those if the moldings get damaged i had th unfortine luck of haveing mine damaged by my dad when he backed against another truck very upsetting i like to have lost my mind when i seen the damage but i got a great set of led tails in the process so it paid off but me getting the look i wanted
    Squiggly and Squiggly like this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.