Fuel Pump, MAF sensor, oxygen sensor, Catalyic converter ???
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, Fuel Pump, MAF sensor, oxygen sensor, Catalyic converter ??? in Cadillac Escalade Forums; I have a 2004 Escalade 6.0 AWD. At 100k miles I changed the spark plugs (E3), wires(ACdelco), K&N filter and ...
    ez2004 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Fuel Pump, MAF sensor, oxygen sensor, Catalyic converter ???

I have a 2004 Escalade 6.0 AWD. At 100k miles I changed the spark plugs (E3), wires(ACdelco), K&N filter and used Sea Foam in the gas tank. I first noticed problems with the idle about 300 miles after the tune-up and there was a random cylinder misfire code. I removed the E3 spark plugs and noticed that the spark plugs were not centered on the electrode and I replaced them with a set of NGK iridium and bought a Diablo Predator tuner and loaded the 87 octane tune. About a month passed and the car started to hesitate when I would accelerate from a stop and I was only able to use about 20% throttle. I used the programmer to manually check for codes and there was P0131 & P0151. I replaced both pre-cat o2 sensors since the car was at 100k miles. The next day the same problem existed and I checked for a vacuum leak using brake cleaner around the intake runners by the heads...no signs of a leak. I cleaned the MAF and replaced the fuel pump since the fuel pressure was 60 at start-up then would drop to 20psi under 60% throttle. The temp of the catalyic converters after a 15min drive was about 300 degrees.

Besides replacing the fuel pump again is there anything that i could be missing?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

gmercedesbenz is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2002 Escalade

Re: Fuel Pump, MAF sensor, oxygen sensor, Catalyic converter ???

This may sound stupid but how about the fuel filter? Has it ever been changed? I know the older models have an in-line filter and I think somewhere I read that the newer models (03+) have a non-serviceable filter? I could be way off base though, so don't quote me.

ez2004 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: Fuel Pump, MAF sensor, oxygen sensor, Catalyic converter ???

On this 2004 there is no external fuel filter. The fuel filter it built into the in-tank pump i replaced yesterday. Thanks for the reply.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.