radio lights blowing
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, radio lights blowing in Cadillac Escalade Forums; is the radio light replaceable or not mine is going on the preset buttons i hope they are i don't ...
    the cadillac man is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade

radio lights blowing

is the radio light replaceable or not mine is going on the preset buttons i hope they are i don't want to have change the radio unless it is the only way to fix the issue. but if i do have to replace my radio i am going with the navigation unit and ditching my current radio since i don't even use the tape player just the cd player and the cd changer i don't even know why gm put a tape player in these trucks

P.S i am looking for a navigation radio if i do have to replace my radio

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Squiggly is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 Escalade EXT

Re: radio lights blowing

The lights in the radio aren't replaceable, its just a bunch of LED's. If you're talking about the Bose Nav that came in other Escalades then you can't put those in your car. I tried in my '04, and the dealer said it wasn't possible for some weird
    reason. I eventually had to go with an aftermarket touchscreen anyway because subs wont work with the stock units.

if i do go aftermarket will my onstar and steering wheel controls still work

niftymonte is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2003 Escalade

Quote Originally Posted by Squiggly View Post
    The lights in the radio aren't replaceable, its just a bunch of LED's. If you're talking about the Bose Nav that came in other Escalades then you can't put those in your car. I tried in my '04, and the dealer said it wasn't possible for some weird
    reason. I eventually had to go with an aftermarket touchscreen anyway because subs wont work with the stock units.
    This thread is full of a lot of bad information.

It can be done, you have to have the antenna also. I remember seeing a right up on installing it somewhere but I can't remember where. Mine had a nav put in.

As for the radio lights they can be replaced if you can solder. The bulbs are tiny and they aren't LEDs. Just google search replacing gm radio lights and i'm sure something will pop up

i think i will just replace the radio anyway since i want the nav so i will be upgrading soon but my current radio is in great shape just the lights are blowing due to age

gmercedesbenz is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2002 Escalade

Quote Originally Posted by niftymonte View Post
    This thread is full of a lot of bad information.

It can be done, you have to have the antenna also. I remember seeing a right up on installing it somewhere but I can't remember where. Mine had a nav put in.

As for the radio lights they can be replaced if you can solder. The bulbs are tiny and they aren't LEDs. Just google search replacing gm radio lights and i'm sure something will pop up
    Nifty is absolutely correct in regards to the radio/dash lights. They are not LED and can be replaced.

If you have patience and a semi-steady hand, fixing burnt out lights on the radio, climate control, SIC (2002), or other dash buttons can be done. Patience however, is crucial. I recently did a number of bulbs in my head unit, climate control, SIC and power fold mirror button. Radio Shack sells everything you would need for the job, including soldering kits. It is a time consuming process, but definitely worth it. Some where on here Sk7 posted a thread with pictures from when he did this a while back. I'll see if I can find it. Honestly, I can't justify replacing any unit that is in perfect working order, just because of bulbs. But that is just my two cents, nothing more.

Edit:
    Here is the thread I was thinking of...(Credit to Sk7)

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...placement.html

As you will see, the thread has pictures of replacement of the climate control bulbs, misc. buttons and at the bottom, there is one picture of the radio lights being replaced. If anyone is curious on how to go about this, feel free to ask!

i want to upgrade to the nav unit i was going to wait but if i can upgrade sooner i can sell the old one to make up for it anyway and btw the lights cut in and out i just don't like ripping apart my radio cause i ain't good at soldering anyway but it doing it too bad sometime they light sometimes they don't but the road i live makes it so they don't light more often but i will take a look at the thread to see what all goes into it

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.