Difference in 2002 - 03+ Headlamp Housing?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, Difference in 2002 - 03+ Headlamp Housing? in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Just out of curiosity, is there are difference as to the design of the headlamp housing itself between the 2002 ...
    gmercedesbenz is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2002 Escalade

Difference in 2002 - 03+ Headlamp Housing?

Just out of curiosity, is there are difference as to the design of the headlamp housing itself between the 2002 (which did NOT come with factory HID) and the 2003+ (Which did come which HID).

I recently put a 55 watt kit in my '02 and have been getting some NASTY looks from people oncoming. I've got them aimed correctly. But I also just moved to Northern Virginia from NY so it could just be a bunch of pissed off 40 year olds lol (No Offence Intended). No LEO trouble though, which makes me think people are just touchy.

Oh and just a couple side notes...

55 Watt kits ROCK, blew my 35 watt kit right out of the water. If you have the means, definitely go 55 watt.

And for those looking to put 55 watt kits in your fog lights, just keep an eye out for heat issues. My 55 watt fog kit started to melt all the sealant inside my fog lamp housings I re-sealed them no problem with high-temp caulk.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade

Re: Difference in 2002 - 03+ Headlamp Housing?

the 03 and up it was designed for hid.
    in order to add hid's to the 02 without changing the housings just have to align the light so it won't glare which is what is causing you to get nasty looks but if the housings form a 03+ will fit in your 02 i would recommend doing that along with the oem d1r bulbs to go with those see if someone you know has a set of housings from a 03+ to try and see if it will fit your truck btw i have seen a 02 and it does look they will compatible just have to make sure and 35 watt is best for fogs anyway due to heat issues but since you have 55 watt units great that means more just make sure you angle them right so they don't cause glare either so you don't blind no one. good luck

what is with hid is you have to aim them different i forget to tell you they go a little lower then halogens on the aim

comonroots is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 02' EXT
    There really is no proper way to aim the 2002 with HID. The housing is not meant for that level of brightness.

Try this out. Park you truck on the side of the road and get in a car and drive around the Glock or something until you drive near your truck. Odds are you will say "damn" cuz you are blinded.

I had the same problem until I installed projectors, which i love, now no more blinding others and the light is directed where it is supposed to go.

JMAC

could he use the same housings like mine use since mine a 03 and the body style is the same between the two years it would look stock that way so he won't be blinding people without to much trouble and the light would be oem grade stuff

i just hope i don't run to the same issue when i do my high beams about the aiming

comonroots is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 02' EXT
    No doubt should be perfect, but I'd imagine they are expensive, knowing GM. Inside of the lights the is a reflector for halogen lights. The HID don't have that reflector. I don't know exactly what it is. You can make the HIDs work in th 02, you just need to park on a level surface and aim them more center and down. Then test it out by driving another car towards yours.

JMAC

actullly they do but it is smaller then halogen versions but if he don't want to go to gm to get different housing to use with the hid lamps here is a website for some i got my tail lights from them and i do agree gm isn't cheap on parts i found out with the compressor for the raer shocks when the guy told me the price i didn't get it and looked online and found it cheaper you can guess where so good luck on changing it over to hid dude it will be brighter if done right and you will have no worries about blinding people while driving

http://www.carid.com/2002-cadillac-escalade-headlights/

the low beams has a focuser to make all light shoot out one way but the also have a black strip on the bulb to keep it from blind people while your driving if you look at the hid low beams while they are off not straight on but at a angle you see the black strip it is really seeable when they are on but don't look at them to long or you won't be able to see good after you do i know.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.