Stability System Limited
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, Stability System Limited in Cadillac Escalade Forums; This is what seems to pop up on my dashboard, and I don't really know what it means or how ...
    Leana Kulinsky is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade 2002

Stability System Limited

This is what seems to pop up on my dashboard, and I don't really know what it means or how to fix it! I went to Tires Plus today and paid $1,700 for new tires, stability, and alignment check today, and the button is still flashing, and the people of the company didn't really know what to do with it. Anyone have any idea on what it means or how it can be fixed? Thanks so much!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade

Re: Stability System Limited

is it a message i know mine will show a message like this i forgot what it means it might be a wheel sensor that is what is the cause most of the time but unless you have it checked at the dealer you won't know for sure

Leana Kulinsky is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade 2002

Well I mean, I had it checked today, but they themselves say they've got no clue! Maybe it has something to do with this - when I go over 50 mph, the wheel becomes very loose and hard to maneuver. The car seems to veer to the right and I lose control.

sk7
    sk7 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2002 Escalade AWD

Does that happen right after the message appears or starts to flash?? I would disable the EBCM by removing the maxi fuse under the hood, see if the issue is caused by a malfunction of a sensor or what not? If its not better go back to your tire shop. Should drive perfect with new tires and alignment.. If removing the fuse takes care of the problem, a faulty sensor is fooling the EBCM into thinking you are losing control and is trying to correct the situation. Keep us posted!

CTSLack941 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Green Money 2002 Escalade

This just happened to me as well.. However I just put 26" rims on my truck and it took about a month for the message to flash.. If I just push the stabilink button and turn it off, the flash message will go away.. soon as I push the button and turn it back on, the message comes back. If i let go of the wheel it takes off hard to the right. do you the think the 26" have anything to do with it? ANYONE with 26" have this happen? Matt

you might want to have the alignment checked that is what it sounds like to me for it to pull like that on take off since i doubt the rims have anything to do with it

CTSLack941 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Green Money 2002 Escalade

I put 24" on it and it was fine. Then i sold those and put 26" on it and seemed ok, except it pulling to the right.. I got the rims balanced and that helped out a little bit. Then about 3 weeks later the code just started popping up, limited stabaility. But from day one it started to pulling to the right with the 26" Maybe it cant handle 26"??

maybe a wheel sensor either got damaged or has gone bad that is the common reason for the message

65ragtop is offline Cadillac Owners Member

It may be the ABS sensors. They work off magnets and it's possible that 13" is beyond their stable pick-up range. If the sensors are getting intermitant signals from the magnets it may be applying the brakes to maintain control, hence the sharp right turn. A Tech 2 scan tool should pick up the intermitant signal from the ABS sensor and give a DTC, but your standard OBDII won't pick it up as it's not emissions related.

Unfortunately your only option may be to take it to a Cadi stealership to get it properly diagnosed.

yes but i do know if you have a good relationship they will scan it for free that is how it was on mine both times i toke it in when they had to scan it

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.