Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

Thread: Messed up sun roof.

RByers91 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2002 Escalade

Red face Messed up sun roof.

Well today I messed up the sun roof pretty bad. I hit the sliding shade a little to hard and it seems it is off track now. The left side seems to high and I'm terrified of trying to open the roof completely. I was wondering if there is a way to access the slider or take it apart so I can get everything back on track. I'm hoping that I won't have to take it in. If anyone has any suggestions or can tell me how to take it apart that would be great. Thanks.

Edit: After taking a closer look at it, it seems the left side is the one off track. There is a little metal piece that seems to have slipped out of a long piece that has been moved off track.

-Ryan

Last edited by RByers91; 06-05-11 at 05:53 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

sk7 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2002 Escalade AWD

Re: Messed up sun roof.

You should be able to slide the shade panel back in without having to get to the sunroof assembly. Taking the rubber out around the opening u might be able to get a better look by prying the headliner down. Only way to get a good look is removal of the headliner. I do have a spare sunroof assembly and shade panel I can post pics of it that can be any help. Lmk. Good luck!