Messed up sun roof.
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, Messed up sun roof. in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Well today I messed up the sun roof pretty bad. I hit the sliding shade a little to hard and ...
    RByers91 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2002 Escalade

Red face Messed up sun roof.

Well today I messed up the sun roof pretty bad. I hit the sliding shade a little to hard and it seems it is off track now. The left side seems to high and I'm terrified of trying to open the roof completely. I was wondering if there is a way to access the slider or take it apart so I can get everything back on track. I'm hoping that I won't have to take it in. If anyone has any suggestions or can tell me how to take it apart that would be great. Thanks.

Edit: After taking a closer look at it, it seems the left side is the one off track. There is a little metal piece that seems to have slipped out of a long piece that has been moved off track.

-Ryan

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

sk7
    sk7 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2002 Escalade AWD

Re: Messed up sun roof.

You should be able to slide the shade panel back in without having to get to the sunroof assembly. Taking the rubber out around the opening u might be able to get a better look by prying the headliner down. Only way to get a good look is removal of the headliner. I do have a spare sunroof assembly and shade panel I can post pics of it that can be any help. Lmk. Good luck!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.