parts of music missing
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, parts of music missing in Cadillac Escalade Forums; is it just me or my stock radio but i have a great setup in another car and it blows ...
    the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade

parts of music missing

is it just me or my stock radio but i have a great setup in another car and it blows the bose system in my caddy out of the water is it cause i don't have the three band eq on the radio or is the way bose done the system it like this high and lows but not much on the mids didn't notice it untill i did the finishing touchs on the system in the other car please tell me it is just the radio it is the cd/cass unit not the nav unit which i know it has it can someone with a nav unit in there truck tell me if they hear any differences in the sound cause i have a high end sound system with infinity speakers in the other car and i also have infinity speakers on my home audio system and both sound better then the bose system in the truck i don't get how gm let bose do this to the cadillac brand they should have went with infinity at least it is a brand with quality

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

niftymonte is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2003 Escalade

Re: parts of music missing

periods... you need them!

but seriously, of course a "high end" system is going to sound better than a stock radio. Bose has a very good sounding radio compared to many other stock radios. I could compare the stock sound system in my 96 monte carlo to the Bose one in the Caddy and say that Bose is the greatest thing ever. But comparing bose to a "high end" aftermarket stereo is like comparing GMC Yukon to a GMC Yukon Denali, they both give you basically the same thing but obviously the denali is gonna give you more bells and whistles and be better in ways.

i guess i need to ditch the bose amp and use a aftermarket amp and speaker setup with the adaptors so i still have the door chimes and onstar.

sorry for my typing i was in a rush when i posted the thread but i know where the amp is but if i can hear from someone who has the nav system in if they can tell me if there is a difference in the sound since i know it has a three band tone control with bass, mid, and high.
    i think my radio is going on the frits though cause i started my truck up today and all i got was the door chimes no audio from the radio so it might be in the radio and the radio was on and playing a cd and not the bose amp and i do with any high end speaker system if you give a crapy signal it will give crappy sound i have seen this happen before in other vehicles.

btw the infinity system in the car i drove before and in my mom's van sounded better both was chrysler products so i didn't just compare it to the setup i put into my 79 chrysler cordoba which i am restoring so i think it is the radio why even put a cassette player in a luxury truck i rarely used it anyway

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.