PAC iPod Interface from Integration Solutions
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, PAC iPod Interface from Integration Solutions in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Got it installed last night and all I can say is WOW. I love it. It was so easy and ...
    niftymonte is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2003 Escalade

PAC iPod Interface from Integration Solutions

Got it installed last night and all I can say is WOW. I love it. It was so easy and now I can listen to my iPod the way it was supposed to be heard, over a nice sound system while still keeping all the stock amenities like XM. iPod is controllable through factory steering wheel controls and the song title, artist, and genre on the screen. Im not getting paid by them lol. It is the best 170 bucks I've spent in a while.

Was literally plug and play. Disconnect battery, remove dash bezel, remove nav radio, unplug harness, plug in new harness and interface, run cable where you want it, assemble everything back and enjoy. If you own an iPod (who doesn't) you have to get one, even has a spot for an auxillary plug that goes to a 3.5mm jack to plug into a phone or something.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade

Re: PAC iPod Interface from Integration Solutions

nice i have been wanting something like this will it work with the cd cass version of the radio since i know it works with the sat radio

vandakeg is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '04 EXT

Do you know have the model number of the adapter you got?

This is the auction I won.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2003-...mZ390177832347

It will work as long as it has a BAND button on it. Here is their website with a lot of info on it.
    http://integrationsolutions.net/EBAY...ons/tahoe.html

darkfiregt is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2003 Escalade 6.0L AWD

Nice. I bought an aftermarket stereo basically for this and I'm not happy with the sound. I want to go back to stock and keep my iPhone connectivity. I've been contemplating this product.

vandakeg is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '04 EXT

Hey Nifty,

Can you verify what software version your iPod is running? Are you using an iPod touch? The only reason I am asking is because according to the PAC website, this unit does not support ios4, which is what all new iPod touch, and iPhones are currently using.

gmercedesbenz is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2002 Escalade

Quote Originally Posted by the cadillac man View Post
    nice i have been wanting something like this will it work with the cd cass version of the radio since i know it works with the sat radio
    I've got this PAC module in my '02 and absolutely love it.

http://www.amazon.com/AUX-INPUT-GM-9-PIN/dp/B001EAWOE0

It works by hi-jacking the sound inputs from the CD changer and redirecting them to accept sound from one of the two RCA inputs on the unit. The user selects what input they would want by using the toggle switch that comes with the unit. This retains the function of the CD changer. Position 1 is RCA input 1, middle position is CD changer, position 3 is RCA input 2. This does not allow you to control the iPod from your steering wheel or headunit, nor does it display song information on car deck.

Now the only catch is that the CD changer must be operable for this device to work, as the deck still controls the CD changer and plays CD's no matter what input you are using on the PAC device.

I've got mine hooked up to my Sirius radio and have a 1/8th inch plug in my center console for my iPod. Sound quality is amazing, blows a tape adapter out of the water. The only tricky part was to find a place to mount the toggle switch where it would be useful, but not tacky. I ended up mounting it on the lower part of the dash. Other than that, its plug and play. Just run your wires for a clean install and your off and running.

**Note: I am 100% sure that this works for an '02. However, 2003+ has a slightly different headunit, but still uses the slave CD changer. Be sure to check and see if this solution would work with your 2003+ before ordering.

Quote Originally Posted by vandakeg View Post
    Hey Nifty,

Can you verify what software version your iPod is running? Are you using an iPod touch? The only reason I am asking is because according to the PAC website, this unit does not support ios4, which is what all new iPod touch, and iPhones are currently using.
    I have a 4th Gen Nano and I have no idea what version it's running. There is a phone number on the website to call, based on their website and email help I got i'm sure their customer support is great and they may have an adapter you could use.

the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade

well that counts me out on getting one since i want to use my ipod touch and it has ios4 on it darn

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.