Escalade Engine Cover
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, Escalade Engine Cover in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Does anyone know where I can get a escalade engine cover? the one with the Cadillac logo on it instead ...
    godsdiablo is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac Escalade

Escalade Engine Cover

Does anyone know where I can get a escalade engine cover? the one with the Cadillac logo on it instead of vortec.

thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Re: Escalade Engine Cover

bump

enger126 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Looks like that one is from an escalade prior to 2003

Quote Originally Posted by enger126 View Post
    Looks like that one is from an escalade prior to 2003
    2004 and before. yeah because it has the engine driven fan. I think its an accessory though.

cusomano is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2003 Escalade

It was only offered on the 2002 model year. Cadillac went to the generic engine cover starting with the 2003 model. I know as I own an 03. I found one on ebay in mint condition but it took a while to find as I'm picky. Keep checking from time to time as they do show up. BTW they are no longer available from GM

niftymonte is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I'm going to have to keep my eye out for one of these, those look really sharp.

Quote Originally Posted by cusomano View Post
    It was only offered on the 2002 model year. Cadillac went to the generic engine cover starting with the 2003 model. I know as I own an 03. I found one on ebay in mint condition but it took a while to find as I'm picky. Keep checking from time to time as they do show up. BTW they are no longer available from GM
    Thanks. They are indeed very sharp. Why they would go generic is beyond me. Just like the 3rd brake light on the new escalade, only the middle lights up. Cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by godsdiablo View Post
    Thanks. They are indeed very sharp. Why they would go generic is beyond me. Just like the 3rd brake light on the new escalade, only the middle lights up. Cheap.
    I've had my 03 for about a year now and researching them it's amazing how each year these Escalades were de-contented. Little things like the engine cover, cabin filters, sun visors, floor lighting, etc makes you shake your head

Quote Originally Posted by cusomano View Post
    I've had my 03 for about a year now and researching them it's amazing how each year these Escalades were de-contented. Little things like the engine cover, cabin filters, sun visors, floor lighting, etc makes you shake your head
    floor lighting????????? sun visors??? and cabin filters i know. dont remind me. Gas filters. smh

Birdbrain is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Escalade

I personally think that the decontenting GM became obsessed with, and still is, along with their complete lack of understanding as to what exactly customer service is, was the leading contributor to their downfall and bankrutpcy. My buddy, from whom I bought my 05, was so pissed off at the stuff that was "missing" on the 05 from the 02 that he had traded (his 17th Caddy) that he refused to buy GM again. Fast forward, and about 6 Mercedes later, GM is past history as far as he is concerned, and Mercedes is about 700 grand richer (Canadian prices....but we have health care!#$?). If the 05 had not been such an incredibly good deal I would still be driving Ford/Lincoln, whom I love because of their customer service (actually got a call one day out of the blue from Ford HO customer service to thank me for being such a good customer...I had had about 12 or 13 at that time....and feel really guilty not currently driving a Ford). I swore off GM in '96, after having had about 15 of them, when their HO customer service rep (Susan Hooey....not that I'm the least bitter and twisted at all....or anal retentive as to my dislike for GM!?%#) reneiged on a lousy $145.00 they had agreed to reimburse me for part of the $7,000.00 I had spent in one year on repairs on a 4 year old Bonneville with 126,000 kilometers (78,000 miles..bought new).

All the righteous indignation aside, I love the Escalade. I own it outright, bought an extended warranty when I got it, and will drive it until it craps out or I feel the need for something different (61 years old, 50 some odd cars, and all of a sudden I don't have the need for a new car every year or so....go figure!!...the first step however will be a convertible as a summer car.....I miss the 02 T-Bird I had....but a Corvette is on my bucket list....I know....I'm not a man of my convictions!!!). I don't like the fact that, as you point out, that the new Escalades seem to have been decontented even more....the thing that really bugs me is that rear third light, 4feet wide with one foot of bulbs....just an indicator of other hidden things not there!!

Sorry for the rant....but having vented my spleen I do feel somewhat better!! Happy motoring kind people.

Quote Originally Posted by Birdbrain View Post
    I personally think that the decontenting GM became obsessed with, and still is, along with their complete lack of understanding as to what exactly customer service is, was the leading contributor to their downfall and bankrutpcy. My buddy, from whom I bought my 05, was so pissed off at the stuff that was "missing" on the 05 from the 02 that he had traded (his 17th Caddy) that he refused to buy GM again. Fast forward, and about 6 Mercedes later, GM is past history as far as he is concerned, and Mercedes is about 700 grand richer (Canadian prices....but we have health care!#$?). If the 05 had not been such an incredibly good deal I would still be driving Ford/Lincoln, whom I love because of their customer service (actually got a call one day out of the blue from Ford HO customer service to thank me for being such a good customer...I had had about 12 or 13 at that time....and feel really guilty not currently driving a Ford). I swore off GM in '96, after having had about 15 of them, when their HO customer service rep (Susan Hooey....not that I'm the least bitter and twisted at all....or anal retentive as to my dislike for GM!?%#) reneiged on a lousy $145.00 they had agreed to reimburse me for part of the $7,000.00 I had spent in one year on repairs on a 4 year old Bonneville with 126,000 kilometers (78,000 miles..bought new).

All the righteous indignation aside, I love the Escalade. I own it outright, bought an extended warranty when I got it, and will drive it until it craps out or I feel the need for something different (61 years old, 50 some odd cars, and all of a sudden I don't have the need for a new car every year or so....go figure!!...the first step however will be a convertible as a summer car.....I miss the 02 T-Bird I had....but a Corvette is on my bucket list....I know....I'm not a man of my convictions!!!). I don't like the fact that, as you point out, that the new Escalades seem to have been decontented even more....the thing that really bugs me is that rear third light, 4feet wide with one foot of bulbs....just an indicator of other hidden things not there!!

Sorry for the rant....but having vented my spleen I do feel somewhat better!! Happy motoring kind people.
    Well said sir! I don't understand their thinking on this at all. It seems to me the minute a new model appears, the bean counters are hard at work removing content when it should be the exact opposite. Many manufacturers add- not remove each year to keep the model fresh. It makes you wonder why they include content in the first place if it's only going to be removed later. This only reinforces the negativity your friend, a repeat Escalade buyer had when he traded in his 02 for the 05 model, the type of customer GM needs in order to be successful

Quote Originally Posted by godsdiablo View Post
    floor lighting????????? sun visors??? and cabin filters i know. dont remind me. Gas filters. smh
    Funny you should mention gas filters. I just replaced the fuel pump on my 03 and thank goodness it had a fuel filter in it. I replaced the filter when I replaced the pump and for fun cut it open to have a look inside. You wouldn't believe what was kept from entering the fuel injectors. This is the 3rd filter on the car since new. If my vehicle didn't have one, I'd find a way to install one

nhramike57 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 Escalade EXT , 2007 SRX

You can find the cover and emblem from VPARTSINC.COM
    http://www.vpartsinc.com/

the cover is #12568627
    the emblem is #12573103
    they buy up the discontinued stock from GM ..order'd my new cover and emblem today..$68.00 for both

nhramike57 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 Escalade EXT , 2007 SRX

Quote Originally Posted by nhramike57 View Post
    you can find the cover and emblem from vpartsinc.com
    http://www.vpartsinc.com/

the cover is #12568627
    the emblem is #12573103
    they buy up the discontinued stock from gm ..order'd my new cover and emblem today..$68.00 for both
    * UPDATE! THE COVER COMES WITH THE EMBLEM EVEN THOUGH THE PARTS BOOK SHOWS DIFFERENT..AND IT FITS PERFECT ON MY 04

vandakeg is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '04 EXT

So it's only necessary to order part #12568627?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.