speedometer doesn't work
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, speedometer doesn't work in Cadillac Escalade Forums; hey guys i have a 2004 escalade and ive been having issues with the speedometer which doesnt show how fast ...
    Pharaoh is offline Cadillac Owners Member

speedometer doesn't work

hey guys i have a 2004 escalade and ive been having issues with the speedometer which doesnt show how fast i'm currently traveling at. I tried to do a search on the forum however the results that came up were not related to escalades. has anyone had this issue before? what could be the cause and fix for this? thnx

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

enger126 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac Escalade

Re: speedometer doesn't work

Your speedometer stepper motor needs to be replaced look on ebay a guy in MN will rebuild the whole thing for around $50

smelly$cat is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2003 ESV

ESCALADOR is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I am having this same issue. Does anyone know if you can drive the truck with the cluster taken out?

jnrsesv is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '05 ESV Platinum

Heres an informative link about replacing a stepper motor:

http://z71tahoe-suburban.com/iboard/...howtopic=19909

craftycaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS, 2004 Escalade EXT

Depending on how many miles you have, you might check with a dealership and ask about the recall. This was replaced on both my husband's and my Escalade. His was a tad over the mileage limit (88k I think?) so the dealership made a deal with him and just charged him $100 to replace it with a new cluster.

smelly$cat is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2003 ESV

Quote Originally Posted by ESCALADOR View Post
    I am having this same issue. Does anyone know if you can drive the truck with the cluster taken out?
    Yes you can. We did this job on a friends suburban. they drove all week without the cluster while they waited for the repaired unit to come back. No issues.

Man sorry about that guys, the tahoe link was a great DIY from start to finish with pics. When I posted to this thread originally it worked fine, I did check it out.

Crap I was going to document replacing the stepper in mine, but the link was perfect, and I figured it would be around along time.

Actually i just copied the second link into yahoo search and it took me to what I was hoping. Maybe the forum here is blocking the link. It is alive and well, just have to search for it!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.