Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Center Console Accessory Power Outlet not working

20K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Retrax 
#1 ·
hello guys,

i have a 05 and the center console accessory power outlet is not working. only the one under the lid tho. the ones at the 2nd row cupholder and the rear hatch works.

i've checked AUX PWR 2, AUX PWR and CIG LTR fuses at the drivers side and engine bay and they are all good.

any idea what the issue is?

#2 ·
I just got my 05 EXT last week and initially i had the same problem when i plugged in my cell phone charger, then i tried the lighter, the lighter worked, so i plugged the charger back in, wiggled it around a bit and the chargers led came on, if it gets bumped, the led goes out....so thats all i can offer you for a solution...hope it helps

#5 ·
You can check the socket with a multi meter. The center post down at the bottom of the socket in the center will be the positive and the outer wall of the socket will be the negative. If you get power on the meter, your socket is loose and not making a good connection with your accessory plug. If you don't get power to the meter take the console apart and check the wires. The wire on the back of the plug which leads to the center post is positive and the other wire is negative. If you have no power there, you need to trace the wiring back to the fuse panel and see where it is broken.

If you just want power there and don't want to mess with tracking down the break, you can run a new power and ground to the socket. Use an add a circuit from your fuse panel and a suitable ground.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.