Daytime running lights on 2000 Escalade
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, Daytime running lights on 2000 Escalade in Cadillac Escalade Forums; How in the eff do I shut off those stupid DRLs on a 2000 Escalade. On my 2000 Silverado I ...
    HorseCock is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Daytime running lights on 2000 Escalade

How in the eff do I shut off those stupid DRLs on a 2000 Escalade. On my 2000 Silverado I could press the Dome Override button 4 times, it would chime then turn off the DRLs, but that's not the case on my Escalade. The fuse that runs the DRLs also runs the fog lights so if I pull that I can't use my fog lights. Any ideas? Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade

Re: Daytime running lights on 2000 Escalade

if you don't want them just pull the bulbs i put led's in mine cause both was blowed on mine when i got it

The 2000's DLRs run off the actual headlights, unfortunately.

oh boy not good try this i googled some info for if it don't work let me know and i will look more into it for you i know on this i had a 99 chrysler concorde the drl's was like this bugged the heck out of me still haven't found how to disable them on it but here is the info 1999 Chevy/GMC full size trucks + Suburban/Tahoe By the right driver's knee under the dash is a fairly elaborate aluminum finned heat sink. It can be removed by bending the two bottom retaining clips, sliding it down, and unplugging the electrical connector. Presto, chango, no more DRL's! Plus it makes a nice paperweight.
    if this don't work there may more to look into unless someone else has done this

is it the high or low beam headlights

I'll check that out. It's the low beams.

and i also found this as of December 2010, there are no federal laws in the US that mandate DRLs on passenger vehicles. In fact, The National Highway Transportation Safety Administration has denied a petition from General Motors to make DRLs mandatory. If your dealer refuses to disconnect your DRLs, saying "they're a mandatory safety item," then your dealer is lying, plain and simple.

i also have found this i hope all of this info helps 1999-2000 Cadillac STS I'd like to add a simple method for disabling DRL's WITH NO KNOWN NEGATIVE SIDE EFFECTS. On my 1999 Cadillac STS, the high beam bulb is used for the DRL. I cut the negative (ground) wire feeding this bulb, and attached (grounded) it to another metal screw (any other grounding source) by another piece of wire under the hood. I was pleased to find out that (for some reason) the daytime running lights were no more. Also, the high beam headlight switch remained fully operational, activating the high beams at night when desired, and during the day as a "flash to pass feature." it may be foe the sts but it is worth a shot to try good luck

Thanks for the info! Much appreciated.

okon the 99 chrysler concorde i drove before i got my escalade it had them on the high beams is why i asked i hope the info helps

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.