service stability system light
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, service stability system light in Cadillac Escalade Forums; I have an 02 Escalade. I have had some issues lately with the ABS kicking in when pulling into parking ...
    doc-holiday is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2002 Escalade

service stability system light

I have an 02 Escalade. I have had some issues lately with the ABS kicking in when pulling into parking spaces causing the vehicle to not stop. The service stability system light came on last night and will not go off. So whats wrong with it? And, if i pull the ABS fuse can i drive the vehicle the way it is. I am currently on the job away from home and will not be back till next week, but I need my vehicle to get around to work. thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Eldo1953 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 53 Eldo, 54 CDV, 74 FWB 96 FWB (sold),1998 STS(sold), 03 ESV

Re: service stability system light

With the SSS light on your ABS has been disabled. You can drive normally. Nothing will be damaged. You don't need to pull any fuses. You just won't have ABS or Stabilitrak. A wheel speed sensor or steering position sensor has probably gone bad but you will need a code reader to find out.

Thank you! Thats good news! I really like this truck and would hate to wreak it. Don't really need the Stabilitrak in the summer anyway. Thanks again!

Well I found out the ABS is not disabled when the SSS light is on. It was the wheel speed sensor.

the cadillac man is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade

it will make the abs do crazy things

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.