in car temp sensors
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, in car temp sensors in Cadillac Escalade Forums; hi i haven't had my lade long i got it in november of last year and lately noticed the little ...
    the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade

in car temp sensors

hi i haven't had my lade long i got it in november of last year and lately noticed the little vents where the sensors are is making noise it is to the point that if you turn the to key to run but don't start the engine you can the little fans in the sensors really load not quiet at all they didn't do this when i first got it is it possible they are going bad on both front and rear systems???

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

gmercedesbenz is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2002 Escalade

Re: in car temp sensors

There is a TSB out for this issue, not sure of the number. The sensor uses a tiny fan to pull air over the sensor and give a reading. The noise you are hearing is that fan, which is rubbing against the housing and causing the buzzing noise. This doesn't hurt the fan or sensor, just can be annoying. I have read cases where people have taken the sensor out, adjusted the fan and have eliminated the noise.

i would like to know how to do that it is really bad and it gets more annoying.
    i would love to drive my caddy just once with the radio off without hearing the buzzing noise at least one time
    and i think my cd changer is going crazy on some cd's it makes odd noises on certain discs in slot 6 that i know is not normal??? no clue on why it does this
    thanks for the info on the little fans just need a easy way to clean them without ripping the whole headliner apart thanks in advance

comonroots is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 02' EXT
    The 02' sensor is in the headliner. I dropped the headliner and re-set the assembly. No problems since.

mines a 03 and i have two just need to know how to get out of the headliner one in the front and one above the second row seats thanks

comonroots is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 02' EXT
    I would leave the headliner to the pros. If. You think you can handle it go for it. It's not easy. I honestly think its easier to change brakes and rotors than it is to r2 headliner. I'm sorry I can't talk you through it but I usually just go in and take pics of everything (so I know where and how it goes back) and then start taking anything off that looks connected.

I will give you this small bit though. If and when you attempt the HL, GM uses a glue of some sort to all the wires attached to the HL. Meaning the wires are clipped to the roof and glued to the HL making it very difficult to removed the first time. GL.

i was afraid of this
    sigh i guess i will just have to put up with it until one of them dies then take it in and have both replaced when i do take it in cause there is now way on this earth am i going to take the head liner out of the truck unless i have pics to go by
    the one above my head while i am driving is the one i hear the most can it be replaced without removing the headliner???

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.