Check Engine Light - Misfire in Cylinder 5?!?!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, Check Engine Light - Misfire in Cylinder 5?!?! in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Ok, so I've got a check engine light on. I got it checked out at Advance Auto, they said it's ...
    AndrewAdams211 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 Cadillac Escalade

Check Engine Light - Misfire in Cylinder 5?!?!

Ok, so I've got a check engine light on. I got it checked out at Advance Auto, they said it's a "Misfire in Cylinder 5".

Ok...no problem....I'm at 104k on my Escalade...guess it's about time for a tune up. Can ANYONE give me SPECIFIC instructions on HOW to do this? Pictures would be great. It's a 04 Escalade 6.0...I'm just replacing the Sparks & Wires. What kind should I use???? Anything special????? Also, anything else I should look out for when doing this????? Any "heads up" info???

Sorry for all the questions in 1 post...

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Supercaddyman93 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 escalade

Re: Check Engine Light - Misfire in Cylinder 5?!?!

Go back to Advance and have them look you up spark plugs and wires.... i have the exact same car and i put bosch platinum iridium spark plugs in mine and it runs great... the only problem is getting the spark plugs out. anyone that did it themselves like me knows that this is probably the most difficult thing to do on the escalade because the spark plugs and stuck in there and half of them are so far back that you can hardly reach them.... but good luck, hopefully yours will be a lot easier than mine was

AndrewAdams211 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 Cadillac Escalade

Ok...so yesterday I replaced ALL 8 spark plugs and wires. Was A HELL OF job but got it done. So I drive to Advance for them to clear the code...they clear it and I drive home PROUD of my work.

Pull off to go to the grocery store and WTF...the code is back on. I'm have OCD with this truck...so forget the groceries...went BACK to Advance, SAME THING...Misfire in Cylinder 5!! I'm GOING CRAZY!!!

Now...Advance tells me to try the Coils...WHICH coil is cylinder 5????? I'll do some switching and see if the problem follows the coil.

HELP PLEEEEEEEEEEEASE!!!!!

Supercaddyman93 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 escalade

i have no idea.... sometimes the wires are marked.... probly not on our gm cars tho

stoveguyy is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 96 STS, 140k

you should get together with 04CADESC a few threads up. he has misfire also. thinks he has a bad injector. he put on a new coil for a bad cylinder but still has miss. i think injectors are pretty stout. don't hear about them failing. but it could happen.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.