Backseat Radio
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, Backseat Radio in Cadillac Escalade Forums; I recntly replaced my factory radio with a new Kenwood that has nav, satelite, backup camera, dvd, etc.... The problem ...
    mike sasso is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): escalade

Backseat Radio

I recntly replaced my factory radio with a new Kenwood that has nav, satelite, backup camera, dvd, etc....
    The problem I'm having is the backseat radio no longer works.
    The installer told me that it won't because I took out the front factory radio. Has anyone had this issue, and if so, what did you do to fix it?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade

Re: Backseat Radio

i don't think that there is a fix for it because the stock radio is software based and controlled by the truck's computers

Playdrv4me is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2008 Mini Cooper Clubman S

Nope. Rear seat radio is dead without the front HU. The front HU is the "brain" for the rear seat controls.

yes pretty much the rear audio controls are dead without the stock and it is software based because of the lux amp

CEPMAN is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 Cadillac Escalade ESV

I took mine out and threw a small screen in there. Not that it's really intended for watching, I just think it looks a lot better than some controls that can't be used.

franknitty69 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 Cadillac Escalade

Supposedly the Meta GMOS-14 allows you to keep the RSE. I'm not sure what the limitations are. The manual doesn't really describe what RSE capability the GMOS-14 provides.

I will be putting a Pioneer AVIC-Z130BT and using the GMOS100. I don't care about the RSE because my rear dvd player and tv screens are aftermarket. I will be able to wire the Z130 directly into rear screens.

thats a good replacement by the way did you lose control of your rear heat and ac after going to a aftermarket radio just wondering

cause the unit that was in there also works the rear air system

on the rear controls is what i mean

franknitty69 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 Cadillac Escalade

i will definitely post back with pics and a complete write-up as i didn't see alot of details on here specific to aftermarket radios. i'm just waiting on the GMOS100, antenna adapter and dash kit. hopefully i won't lose rear hvac control. if not, no biggie...passengers will just have to suck it up and let me control the temps.

i'll also post up a complete write-up of a compustar + drone mobile install (complete w/autofold mirrors on arm/disarm). i'm just waiting for the ads-blade al.

you will still have it in the front so you will be better off just putting the control to auto and just adjust the temp it may not the range the rear controls would give cause it is like the front driver and passenger controls in the front that goes form 60 to 90 on the temp range you ain't losing much anyway but nice screen beats cutting up the headrests on the front seats to put screens in them

CEPMAN is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 Cadillac Escalade ESV

I honestly never even thought about rear HVAC controls until I just read that. I have kids, so I control the temp up front anyways. I also have a roof mounted flip down screen. The seat heaters still work fine. Like I said, I did this to get rid of that other piece that I wasn't gonna be able to use anymore.

jordan00escalade is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 Escalade, 2002 Deville DTS

I kept the factory nav and installed an additional indash monitor for entertainment. She can watch movies, I can keep track of where I'm at in harmony lol. I still have the controls in the rear HVAC and Radio, but no sound comes from the rear head phone plugs.. (weird). But the rear overhead monitor has it's own built in DVD player, and wireless head phones. I probably could find an adapter that would make the head phone jacks for the radio (rear ent center) work again, since the factory head unit is still connected. Never thought about it till I read this post yesterday and tried to get the radio to play through the head phones. The heater controls work and I can change radio stations with the controls.. just no sound through the head phone jacks.

try all of the sources if it still don't work it might have to be replaced if you have the rear seat dvd system try using it with the rear audio controls to see if it works if this don't work i would say the headphone amps in the unit is bad cause it should since you didn't remove the factory radio which would mean the rear seat audio controls will have to be replaced

to do that turn the dvd player on first then turn the rear seat audio controls on after and cycle through the sources i have volume knob issues if i don't use mine after a long time i hope this helps

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.