Backseat Radio - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, Backseat Radio in Cadillac Escalade Forums; i noticed when i got my tools out to aid in rotating my tires there is a lot of empty ...
    the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade

Re: Backseat Radio

i noticed when i got my tools out to aid in rotating my tires there is a lot of empty space in the area i could do a slim style powered sub and a four channel amp in the same if the specs is right on the size of them

makeys2943 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 esv platinum

Re: Backseat Radio

Since I moved to an Aftermarket HU and decided i wasn't going to ever use the stock one again I tore apart the OEM one and removed the circuit boards from inside, removed the 6 Disc Changer and put the circuit boards from the OEM HU where the 6 disc changer was. I spliced into the ACC, Constant, Ground, and remote on the OEM HU to the new HU and now I have RSE, Chimes, Onstar without ever using the GMOS. Also there are 3 boards in the OEM you only need 2 to get it all to work. I can upload pictures if anyone is interested.

mikedyk43 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 Escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by makeys2943 View Post
    Since I moved to an Aftermarket HU and decided i wasn't going to ever use the stock one again I tore apart the OEM one and removed the circuit boards from inside, removed the 6 Disc Changer and put the circuit boards from the OEM HU where the 6 disc changer was. I spliced into the ACC, Constant, Ground, and remote on the OEM HU to the new HU and now I have RSE, Chimes, Onstar without ever using the GMOS. Also there are 3 boards in the OEM you only need 2 to get it all to work. I can upload pictures if anyone is interested.
    ^^^^^^This would be a great write up! If you could start a new thread with pics showing what you did and your end results, that would be fantastic. After doing a write up, put a link to your new thread in the stickied thread about DIY's.

4. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by makeys2943
    That would be a great write up

I would probably do that as I have my old radio(cd/cass) that I wouldn't care to do this with as I have been weary about using a interface for a aftermarket radio

6. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.