Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Backseat Radio

8K views 33 replies 8 participants last post by  the cadillac man 
#1 ·
I recntly replaced my factory radio with a new Kenwood that has nav, satelite, backup camera, dvd, etc....
The problem I'm having is the backseat radio no longer works.
The installer told me that it won't because I took out the front factory radio. Has anyone had this issue, and if so, what did you do to fix it?

#27 ·
Our truck didn't come with a rear entertainment system, all the headphones are aftermarket. Everything functions on the accessory switch like the stock Headunit, so I'd assume they used common wiring. I'm not really sure what you mean, but I heard many times that the bose amps will only power bose speakers (something to that effect).

#28 ·
that is true but it depends on the style of speaker hookup most don't use a speaker line input on the amp that they install most car amps have inputs for speaker and line level input on them if i use the speaker line inputs on a amp i can add aftermarket speakers and it still look stock only difference will be in the sound i have a set of infinity rs5 three way's for my home audio system and the bose speakers in the truck sound close except in the high end due to different tweeters bose is a dome like style but my infinity speakers have the famous emit tweeters really big difference in the high end but very close every else in the audio spectrum

#32 ·
Since I moved to an Aftermarket HU and decided i wasn't going to ever use the stock one again I tore apart the OEM one and removed the circuit boards from inside, removed the 6 Disc Changer and put the circuit boards from the OEM HU where the 6 disc changer was. I spliced into the ACC, Constant, Ground, and remote on the OEM HU to the new HU and now I have RSE, Chimes, Onstar without ever using the GMOS. Also there are 3 boards in the OEM you only need 2 to get it all to work. I can upload pictures if anyone is interested.

#34 ·
makeys2943 said:
Since I moved to an Aftermarket HU and decided i wasn't going to ever use the stock one again I tore apart the OEM one and removed the circuit boards from inside, removed the 6 Disc Changer and put the circuit boards from the OEM HU where the 6 disc changer was. I spliced into the ACC, Constant, Ground, and remote on the OEM HU to the new HU and now I have RSE, Chimes, Onstar without ever using the GMOS. Also there are 3 boards in the OEM you only need 2 to get it all to work. I can upload pictures if anyone is interested.
That would be a great write up

I would probably do that as I have my old radio(cd/cass) that I wouldn't care to do this with as I have been weary about using a interface for a aftermarket radio

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.