Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

Thread: swapping a 6.2?

zm2613 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2003 escalade

swapping a 6.2?

i currently have an 03 with the 6.0 vortec thats closing in on 160k. My question is what is the best way to go about swapping in a 6.2 from an 07+ and is it possible? Will the new engine and transmission fit in my truck?

thanks for the help.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

pcguy760 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '01 Pearl White - Sold 10/11, '09 Raven Black :)

Re: swapping a 6.2?

160k and you want to remove it?? That motor has ALOT of life left!! (provided there is no internal damage that is)

Both trucks are built on a different chassis and use different electronics, so it would not be a plug n play thing like a Honda Civic or something lol.

thanks for the help. The reason i wanted to go with a new engine is because i just joined the army, i love the new escalades but i've had this truck since i was sixteen and never want to get rid of it. but due to parking restrictions i can only have one vehicle on base.
    I was honestly just tossing around the idea. Once again i appreciate the help.

Hey no problem lol - There is a guy on here that put in a Duramax Turbo Diesel on our bodystyle - dunno if you would be interested in that kind of swap but it sure was a lot of work from all the pics I saw - here is the link http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...hood-lade.html

Wow u had it from 16? Damn it must like sentimental to you - u gonna give it to ur kids lol.

Wow thats crazy i never would have even thought of doing that kind of swap.
    And yea i've had it since the day I got my license, my dad said if i got above a 3.5 gpa i could have his 68 camaro, he decided he couldn't give it up so i got the cadillac lol. I've been pretty blessed, and i would love to hold on to it for that long, what i would love to do (but is a bit farfetched) is to drop in a 427 from a z06 corvette. I have no idea how much work that would be but hey, a guy can dream.

GrippinGrain is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 Escalade EXT, 1999 GMC Yukon Denali, 1986 Toyota AE86

IMO swapping a 6.2 wouldn't be cost effective, Im guessing your looking for more HP? Or a low mileage engine?? I know if well maintained these trucks will go forever!

Your best bet is just throwing some bolt-on's at it, Maybe a supercharger?? You can get plenty of juice from that......

By the way it must be nice getting an Escalade at 16! When I was 16 my ride was a skateboard lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Grippin now that you mentioned it, when I was 16 I was "singin in the rain" lol ie. walking! Zm2613, check out this video - I know you will like it

600+ Raw Detriot Hp!!!! This thing blows them tree hugger cars up into the trees!!! LOL

@ grippingrain after talking to some people i think the rout i'm going to go is to have a heavy duty trans built and rebuilding the engine and adding some kind of forced induction, i was thinking supercharger but after that video pcguy760 posted i'm not too sure anymore lol luckily i still have a couple months to decide.
    and as far as getting the caddy when i was sixteen yes i've been very blessed, and thankfully i took this instead of getting an s2000, now i wouldn't trade this truck for anything. @ grippingrain after talking to some people i think the rout i'm going to go is to have a heavy duty trans built and rebuilding the engine and adding some kind of forced induction, i was thinking supercharger but after that video pcguy760 posted i'm not too sure anymore lol luckily i still have a couple months to decide.
    and as far as getting the caddy when i was sixteen yes i've been very blessed, and thankfully i took this instead of getting an s2000, now i wouldn't trade this truck for anything.

Playdrv4me is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2003 STS / 2006 XLR-V

I would TOTALLY take a Duramax swap over the 6.2. Infinitely more tuning possibilities on the diesel, in addition to the fact that it's a frieken diesel!

the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade

if you have a trailer hitch you already have a heavy duty trans

Supercaddyman93 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 escalade

these engines are real easy to get big numbers out of.... an L92 head and intake can get you more than 100hp alone and put in a cam and youll be in the 500s with a good tune then just an intake and exhaust to help breathing and it will run real smooth and be super quick