swapping a 6.2?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, swapping a 6.2? in Cadillac Escalade Forums; i currently have an 03 with the 6.0 vortec thats closing in on 160k. My question is what is the ...
    zm2613 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2003 escalade

swapping a 6.2?

i currently have an 03 with the 6.0 vortec thats closing in on 160k. My question is what is the best way to go about swapping in a 6.2 from an 07+ and is it possible? Will the new engine and transmission fit in my truck?

thanks for the help.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

pcguy760 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 02 Diamond White Pearl Escalade - Sold 10/11

Re: swapping a 6.2?

160k and you want to remove it?? That motor has ALOT of life left!! (provided there is no internal damage that is)

Both trucks are built on a different chassis and use different electronics, so it would not be a plug n play thing like a Honda Civic or something lol.

thanks for the help. The reason i wanted to go with a new engine is because i just joined the army, i love the new escalades but i've had this truck since i was sixteen and never want to get rid of it. but due to parking restrictions i can only have one vehicle on base.
    I was honestly just tossing around the idea. Once again i appreciate the help.

Hey no problem lol - There is a guy on here that put in a Duramax Turbo Diesel on our bodystyle - dunno if you would be interested in that kind of swap but it sure was a lot of work from all the pics I saw - here is the link http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...hood-lade.html

Wow u had it from 16? Damn it must like sentimental to you - u gonna give it to ur kids lol.

Wow thats crazy i never would have even thought of doing that kind of swap.
    And yea i've had it since the day I got my license, my dad said if i got above a 3.5 gpa i could have his 68 camaro, he decided he couldn't give it up so i got the cadillac lol. I've been pretty blessed, and i would love to hold on to it for that long, what i would love to do (but is a bit farfetched) is to drop in a 427 from a z06 corvette. I have no idea how much work that would be but hey, a guy can dream.

GrippinGrain is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 Escalade EXT, 1999 GMC Yukon Denali, 1986 Toyota AE86

IMO swapping a 6.2 wouldn't be cost effective, Im guessing your looking for more HP? Or a low mileage engine?? I know if well maintained these trucks will go forever!

Your best bet is just throwing some bolt-on's at it, Maybe a supercharger?? You can get plenty of juice from that......

By the way it must be nice getting an Escalade at 16! When I was 16 my ride was a skateboard lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Grippin now that you mentioned it, when I was 16 I was "singin in the rain" lol ie. walking! Zm2613, check out this video - I know you will like it

600+ Raw Detriot Hp!!!! This thing blows them tree hugger cars up into the trees!!! LOL

@ grippingrain after talking to some people i think the rout i'm going to go is to have a heavy duty trans built and rebuilding the engine and adding some kind of forced induction, i was thinking supercharger but after that video pcguy760 posted i'm not too sure anymore lol luckily i still have a couple months to decide.
    and as far as getting the caddy when i was sixteen yes i've been very blessed, and thankfully i took this instead of getting an s2000, now i wouldn't trade this truck for anything. @ grippingrain after talking to some people i think the rout i'm going to go is to have a heavy duty trans built and rebuilding the engine and adding some kind of forced induction, i was thinking supercharger but after that video pcguy760 posted i'm not too sure anymore lol luckily i still have a couple months to decide.
    and as far as getting the caddy when i was sixteen yes i've been very blessed, and thankfully i took this instead of getting an s2000, now i wouldn't trade this truck for anything.

Playdrv4me is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2008 Mini Cooper Clubman S

I would TOTALLY take a Duramax swap over the 6.2. Infinitely more tuning possibilities on the diesel, in addition to the fact that it's a frieken diesel!

the cadillac man is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade

if you have a trailer hitch you already have a heavy duty trans

Supercaddyman93 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 escalade

these engines are real easy to get big numbers out of.... an L92 head and intake can get you more than 100hp alone and put in a cam and youll be in the 500s with a good tune then just an intake and exhaust to help breathing and it will run real smooth and be super quick

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.