Cadillac Owners Forum banner

swapping a 6.2?

7K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  Supercaddyman93 
#1 ·
i currently have an 03 with the 6.0 vortec thats closing in on 160k. My question is what is the best way to go about swapping in a 6.2 from an 07+ and is it possible? Will the new engine and transmission fit in my truck?

thanks for the help.

#2 ·
160k and you want to remove it?? That motor has ALOT of life left!! (provided there is no internal damage that is)

Both trucks are built on a different chassis and use different electronics, so it would not be a plug n play thing like a Honda Civic or something lol.

#3 ·
thanks for the help. The reason i wanted to go with a new engine is because i just joined the army, i love the new escalades but i've had this truck since i was sixteen and never want to get rid of it. but due to parking restrictions i can only have one vehicle on base.
I was honestly just tossing around the idea. Once again i appreciate the help.

#4 ·
#5 ·
Wow thats crazy i never would have even thought of doing that kind of swap.
And yea i've had it since the day I got my license, my dad said if i got above a 3.5 gpa i could have his 68 camaro, he decided he couldn't give it up so i got the cadillac lol. I've been pretty blessed, and i would love to hold on to it for that long, what i would love to do (but is a bit farfetched) is to drop in a 427 from a z06 corvette. I have no idea how much work that would be but hey, a guy can dream.

#6 ·
IMO swapping a 6.2 wouldn't be cost effective, Im guessing your looking for more HP? Or a low mileage engine?? I know if well maintained these trucks will go forever!

Your best bet is just throwing some bolt-on's at it, Maybe a supercharger?? You can get plenty of juice from that......

By the way it must be nice getting an Escalade at 16! When I was 16 my ride was a skateboard lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#8 ·
@ grippingrain after talking to some people i think the rout i'm going to go is to have a heavy duty trans built and rebuilding the engine and adding some kind of forced induction, i was thinking supercharger but after that video pcguy760 posted i'm not too sure anymore lol luckily i still have a couple months to decide.
and as far as getting the caddy when i was sixteen yes i've been very blessed, and thankfully i took this instead of getting an s2000, now i wouldn't trade this truck for anything. @ grippingrain after talking to some people i think the rout i'm going to go is to have a heavy duty trans built and rebuilding the engine and adding some kind of forced induction, i was thinking supercharger but after that video pcguy760 posted i'm not too sure anymore lol luckily i still have a couple months to decide.
and as far as getting the caddy when i was sixteen yes i've been very blessed, and thankfully i took this instead of getting an s2000, now i wouldn't trade this truck for anything.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.