Air Ride Compressor dryer
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, Air Ride Compressor dryer in Cadillac Escalade Forums; The exhaust valve failed (open coil) on the OEM compressor. I brought a new one from Arnott and along with ...
    conardh is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 04 escalade

Air Ride Compressor dryer

The exhaust valve failed (open coil) on the OEM compressor. I brought a new one from Arnott and along with that they sent the rebuild kit for the dryer. I rebuilt the dryer and installed the compressor. The exhaust sol. failed after about 2 months. Arnott sent a new compressor and another dryer kit. I opened up the dryer today and it has a lot of water in it, way more then when I first rebuilt it. My compressor runs about 8 seconds at startup, so the system is pretty tight. My question is where is all the water coming from. My impression of how the system works is the compressor pulls in fresh filtered air, compressess it send that air through the dryer to the shocks. The only moisture I can see should just be from compressing the air, but I have actual water dropletts and all the guts inside the dryer are wet.......

Any Thoughts

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

jnrsesv is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '05 ESV Platinum

Re: Air Ride Compressor dryer

I to have the same problem. I am on my second Arnott pump as well. I cannot figure it out. I have talked with the guys at Arnott and they to are puzzled.

roboteacher is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

If you're seeing that much water in your dryer, you have a leak in at least one of your cylinders. If Arnott finds out about that, they wont validate your warrentee. I'd get rid of it all before I replaced all those components. I've heard that Arnott kit to replace everything is about $2K and the dealerships are even more. I removed the entire system, put is gas shocks and an air lift system for less than $350.00 and about 2 hours worth of work.

Just an idea.

Good luck.

Thanks Guys I am going to look hard for leaks, before I replace shocks and hoses. It has to be something simple......I think

roboteacher is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

it's never simple with the stock air ride system.

Well in my own way I am trying to do a root cause. Hope this helps somone. I reinstalled the repaired compressor and rebuilt dryer. I marked one of the shocks with no air in the system. I turned the key on and the compressor ran about 8 seconds. I marked the shock in the pumped up position (about 1/4 inch raise). It takes about 2 hours for the system to leak down. Don't know if this is right or wrong. I pumped the system up again and did a soap leak test on the body of the shocks and all the fittings (shocks and compressor) with no bubbles detected. Perhaps someone else has carried this root cause further than I have.

taylor2000 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 esculade

no i havent changed the compresser yet. Idid replace the shocks however. Got mine at parts geek for half the cost. mine still kicks on. doesnt run nesr as long but still runs. you wouldnt think it should do that unless theres a extra load put on or change in the riding position. do they sell just dryer rebuild kits? message me back with some advice if you have any

wesyder is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 08 Escalade ESV awd, 05 Yukon Xl Denali awd, 06 SRX sold
    Mine comes on most times when i start the car. Suncore industries sells the dryer kit

90limited is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

There is a one way check valve in the head of the dryer assemble that fails. I bought the Arnott unit and still had a leak down of the shocks. Took me many hours to find the issue as both shocks were new. The only replacement dryer I could find was north of $100. I bought a complete Dorman unit including the dryer with the compressor in a new frame. By the time I sold the Arnott unit on ebay, it was much less expensive then sourcing a new dryer and the whole assemble was plug and play brand new.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.