2005 Escalade Front Impact Sensor
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, 2005 Escalade Front Impact Sensor in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Anyone have any suggestions on where to buy the subject part? I called my local dealer and they said 158. ...
    BryanRadabaugh is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Escalde

2005 Escalade Front Impact Sensor

Anyone have any suggestions on where to buy the subject part? I called my local dealer and they said 158. Scanned the vehicle and it had a B0104 and a B0103 code, so I am fairly confident it needs a right front impact sensor. Just got a little leary of pulling the trigger when he said the price.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

caddydaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 Escalade 6.0L 2WD, 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited CRD

Re: 2005 Escalade Front Impact Sensor

www.gmpartsdirect.com Save yourself some time and buy and replace them both!

nik24 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ESCALADE

Hi!

Do you know by any chance where the front left impact sensor is located?
    I too need to change them, and i found the one on the right, but not the one on the left.
    Thank you!

wake is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2007 STS-V, 2005 Escalade

Check Amazon if you have a part number. I'm amazed at the prices of OEM parts I've found on Amazon.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by nik24 View Post
    Hi!

Do you know by any chance where the front left impact sensor is located?
    I too need to change them, and i found the one on the right, but not the one on the left.
    Thank you!
    It should be easy to see. I changed the left front on my 05 and saw it looking straight up laying on my back under the front end by the bumper.

Silent_Assasin is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Escalade EXT - Rip Tide Blue

I know this is an old thread but I have a quick question about my front impact sensor, before winter my light came on and since its getting close to time to pull the ext back out of the garage I was wanting to repair this. We hooked my truck up to the computer and it read something along the lines of -front impact sensor #2 bad- ... I am assuming #2 is referring to the passenger side?? Does anyone know for sure?... and also are both the drivers side and the passenger side the same part/part number?

caddydaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 Escalade 6.0L 2WD, 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited CRD

Quote Originally Posted by Silent_Assasin View Post
    We hooked my truck up to the computer and it read something along the lines of -front impact sensor #2 bad- ... I am assuming #2 is referring to the passenger side?? Does anyone know for sure?... and also are both the drivers side and the passenger side the same part/part number?
    Yes, they are both the same part number. Honestly, I'd just replace them both. The original ones weren't that good, and if you do replace 1 bad one, you'll probably be replacing the other one soon. I replaced both of mine at least 4 years ago, and have not had any air bag codes since.

Silent_Assasin is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Escalade EXT - Rip Tide Blue

Quote Originally Posted by caddydaddy View Post
    Yes, they are both the same part number. Honestly, I'd just replace them both. The original ones weren't that good, and if you do replace 1 bad one, you'll probably be replacing the other one soon. I replaced both of mine at least 4 years ago, and have not had any air bag codes since.
    Awesome, thanks for the info! I will probably go ahead and buy them both then! since I can buy both of them together for pretty much half the cost of 1 from the dealer lol armed robbery!

dzr928 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

My service airbag light is on also, and the real kicker to these Impact sensors is that i am in the auto industry, and had worked at a supplier that did front end modules, which contain the crash impact sensors, and our cost to the OEM for them was $0.34 cents, and that is after the manufacturer added thier profit margin, and we added another 10% for us, plus installation and the screw it needed... Just rediculious!

the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by dzr928
    My service airbag light is on also, and the real kicker to these Impact sensors is that i am in the auto industry, and had worked at a supplier that did front end modules, which contain the crash impact sensors, and our cost to the OEM for them was $0.34 cents, and that is after the manufacturer added thier profit margin, and we added another 10% for us, plus installation and the screw it needed... Just rediculious!
    That's crazy but true(both my uncle and my dad worked in the auto industry)

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.