Cadillac Owners Forum banner
2K views 19 replies 12 participants last post by  capjand1 
#1 ·
I want to replace my stock headlights...
I ve heard many good things about Silverstars, but they only look a little more white than the OEM lights, I want lights that will look a little purplish or blue like HID and to be brighter, any good recomendations?

If you know some lights that look like Hid please tell me :D

#12 ·
Go on Ebay and look at the PIAA's from Japan. The Xtreme Force 4700k is the best color they make IMO and does not look cheap. They are around $80-100$, but are a good deal if you are going to trade your Lade in anytime soon for a 05, etc and don't want to mess with the warranty w/ real HID systems which are now illegal in CA. My dealer swapped my headlights out due to fogging and put my PIAA's back in w/no problems. The 4700k's look almost exactly like the the real 03+ HID(they almost look more custom) and give it a tasteful look compared to the purple or blue plasma bulbs that will look like fake HID. Only buy silverstars or PIAA, don't be fooled by other brands-you will be disappointed.

#17 ·
Lade said:
Go on Ebay and look at the PIAA's from Japan. The Xtreme Force 4700k is the best color they make IMO and does not look cheap. They are around $80-100$, but are a good deal if you are going to trade your Lade in anytime soon for a 05, etc and don't want to mess with the warranty w/ real HID systems which are now illegal in CA. My dealer swapped my headlights out due to fogging and put my PIAA's back in w/no problems. The 4700k's look almost exactly like the the real 03+ HID(they almost look more custom) and give it a tasteful look compared to the purple or blue plasma bulbs that will look like fake HID. Only buy silverstars or PIAA, don't be fooled by other brands-you will be disappointed.
HID kits are illegal in CA??? Why?

#18 ·
One of the custom shops in LA told me that it is illiegal to put in HID systems that are not stock. Apparently, an aftermarket HID kit s not approved by the current CA guidelines and can get you sited. The reality is that if a cop sees an "expensive" auto with HID's he will assume them to be factory, but apparently the law does exist.
-cy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.