Fuel Pump shut off, gauge says empty, low fuel light on (full tank...all at random...
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, Fuel Pump shut off, gauge says empty, low fuel light on (full tank...all at random... in Cadillac Escalade Forums; I have a 2002 Escalade that I have had for 3 months, has 55,000 miles on it. It will randomly ...
    oldno7jd is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2002 escalade

Fuel Pump shut off, gauge says empty, low fuel light on (full tank...all at random...

I have a 2002 Escalade that I have had for 3 months, has 55,000 miles on it. It will randomly not start. The fuel pump will not come on, the guage will go to empty, and the low fuel light will come on. I have noticed that if i get in and turn the key to crank too quickly that it will not start. So, started waiting until I hear the fuel pump pressurize before I try to start it. Also, sometimes I will put the key in, turn to on...no fuel pump...the guage will drop from full to empty and then wont' start. It always cranks, but is not getting fuel. This happens about once a week, although seems to be getting worse. I have changed the fuel pump twice, found out previous owner changed once. Previous owner told me when it happens to turn the key to on position and watit two/three minutes, this worked a few times, but I am very tired of being broke down. I have done fuel pump (3 total), fuel pump relay, I cannot find decent info on passlock, ignition switch or cylinder...Hoping someone here can help (it is broke down now and sitting in a parking lot since last night)

thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Old Guy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 03 Tahoe... sold 05 ESV

Re: Fuel Pump shut off, gauge says empty, low fuel light on (full tank...all at rando

I had to change the ignition relay when this happened to mine the other day, I swapped it with one of the lighting relays and then gas gauge went back to full, fuel pump worked and it started... hasnt done it since.

oldno7jd is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2002 escalade

Re: Fuel Pump shut off, gauge says empty, low fuel light on (full tank...all at rando

Thanks, I will try that...

smowre is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2000 Escalade

What corrected your problem?? thanks.

Old Guy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 03 Tahoe... sold 05 ESV

I have the exact same symptoms and too narrowed it to the ignition relay in the box under the hood... only its not the relay its the "socket" it goes in. Seems like if I install the relay flush it wont usually start but if I pull it a bit out away from being flush then I have no issues at all. I will eventually try bending the relay connectors a bit one way or the other until I can resolve the issue on a more permanent basis.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.