Stange thing to steal
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, Stange thing to steal in Cadillac Escalade Forums; I thought it popped of but ... the white piece on my roof rack (it's the painted piece on the ...
    roboteacher is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Stange thing to steal

I thought it popped of but ... the white piece on my roof rack (it's the painted piece on the driver side, front), is gone. It's not the chrome part, it's the painted part. Anyhow, I climbed up there to check and see how it "popped" off only to see screw driver pry marks. I decided to check the passenger side and it looks like they tried to pry that one off too but must have been interrupted.

Does anyone know what this part is called and how much it should cost. My color is the diamond white on a 2004 EXT.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

nathanjax is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2007 esKONali

Re: Stange thing to steal

actually, it happens a lot. people with tahoes and yukons can "piece" an escalade roof rack together. Or, if someone has and Esky and theirs falls off, just find someone else and take theirs...

crappy world we live in...

It's called a rail cover and they are just under $40 each

roboteacher is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

So I find the part on "newcalliacparts.xxx (I don't want to provide them with a link). After several request about what color the part would be when it arrived, they told me to provide the VIN to make sure I got the right part. I guess I made the wrong assumption in thinking they would match my VIN to the paint. Of course, the part arrives and it's grey (I needed Diamond White). Now I have to get the part painted and of course it wont match.

Oh well "live and learn"

Be careful who you deal with. They'll never get another order from me.

d3adpool is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2003 Escalade

wow, this is scary because the exact same part on the same side and the same color was stolen off my truck last week, and I got to order one and get it painted.......sucks

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.