No rear temp control with new actuator - Page 2
Cadillac
 

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 33
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, No rear temp control with new actuator in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Originally Posted by JG! Thanks guys for all the info. I found a guy on my local CL parting out ...
  1. #16
    CaddyEscalade is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Escalade
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    218

    Re: No rear temp control with new actuator

    Quote Originally Posted by JG! View Post
    Thanks guys for all the info. I found a guy on my local CL parting out his Cadi. So Im gonna grab the module maybe even the whole rear ac/heat unit from him and hopefully fix the problem.
    Let us know how it goes, I have the same problem but just manually set the actuator for heat and unpluged the wires for now, but it still bugs me that it doesnt work as it should.

  2. #17
    RippyPartsDept's Avatar
    RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Wilmington, NC
    Age
    34
    Posts
    13,947

    Re: No rear temp control with new actuator

    Quote Originally Posted by CaddyEscalade View Post
    How much?
    i'll need your VIN to make sure i look up the right one, but basically employee discount
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members deals on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

  3. #18
    CaddyEscalade is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Escalade
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    218

    Re: No rear temp control with new actuator

    Quote Originally Posted by RippyPartsDept View Post
    i'll need your VIN to make sure i look up the right one, but basically employee discount
    Sent you a pm

  4. #19
    CaddyEscalade is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Escalade
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    218

    Re: No rear temp control with new actuator

    Quote Originally Posted by JG! View Post
    03' Escalade
    Having problems with the rear temperature. I bought a new actuator, Dorman part#604-100 thinking this was the problem. After putting the new actuator in and no success. I tried my old actuator in the floor/ceiling location and the actuator works fine. So if its not the actuator and I have done the reset numerous times. What should I try next? Anybody else experience this problem?
    UPDATE: Ok, just decided to deal with this, and ordered a new actuator and the HVAC control module. First of all you did the same thing as me and purchased the Dorman part # 604-100, that is the WRONG PART. You need the Dorman 604-111 actuator. If this does not fix your issue then you need to replace the HVAC control module with the new part #15832319. This has fixed all my rear heating issues. Purchased the parts online from RockAuto for 1/2 the price of my local Caddy dealer.
    Syclone354 likes this.

  5. #20
    hutcholdschool is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): escalade
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1

    Re: No rear temp control with new actuator

    CaddyEscalade thanks for the response you last posted I did the same as you and it fixed my problem as well. I will post my experience so it may help others in the future. My vehicle is a 04 Escalade regular model AWD 6.0. I too had no heat control from the rear. I had control of the vent to floor control in the rear. I took apart the panels and watched the actuators and when you would unplug the fuse called "ECC" on the driver side fuse area while the key is on and then plug the fuse back in both of the actuators would start to re-calibrate but then the actuator towards the rear or the heat door actuator would over travel past the line on the case and then would not work at all after that. The other actuator or vent control actuator would still work fine and control the vents but the heat control actuator was not working at all. I took the vehicle to the dealer and they said I needed both actuators replaced and that I needed a new upper case to prevent the air doors from over travel. Well I went and bought a 604-100 actuator and that did nothing at all not even a slight movement. So then I went and bought a 604-111 actuator and that would move but also over traveled past the line. At this point I came on here and saw your post about the control module part #15832319. I went and bought this module and put back in both of my original oem actuators and plugged in the new control module GM part #15832319 and tried again and this fixed it all. The dealer was totally wrong and did not diagnose the problem correctly. All I ended up needing was this new improved control module that stops over travel. I hope this helps others to quickly fix there rear HVAC unit. Thanks

  6. #21
    the cadillac man's Avatar
    the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    speedwell tn,
    Posts
    7,275

    Re: No rear temp control with new actuator

    Quote Originally Posted by hutcholdschool View Post
    CaddyEscalade thanks for the response you last posted I did the same as you and it fixed my problem as well. I will post my experience so it may help others in the future. My vehicle is a 04 Escalade regular model AWD 6.0. I too had no heat control from the rear. I had control of the vent to floor control in the rear. I took apart the panels and watched the actuators and when you would unplug the fuse called "ECC" on the driver side fuse area while the key is on and then plug the fuse back in both of the actuators would start to re-calibrate but then the actuator towards the rear or the heat door actuator would over travel past the line on the case and then would not work at all after that. The other actuator or vent control actuator would still work fine and control the vents but the heat control actuator was not working at all. I took the vehicle to the dealer and they said I needed both actuators replaced and that I needed a new upper case to prevent the air doors from over travel. Well I went and bought a 604-100 actuator and that did nothing at all not even a slight movement. So then I went and bought a 604-111 actuator and that would move but also over traveled past the line. At this point I came on here and saw your post about the control module part #15832319. I went and bought this module and put back in both of my original oem actuators and plugged in the new control module GM part #15832319 and tried again and this fixed it all. The dealer was totally wrong and did not diagnose the problem correctly. All I ended up needing was this new improved control module that stops over travel. I hope this helps others to quickly fix there rear HVAC unit. Thanks
    i had the same problem and posted a how-to for anybody who have to replace the parts i just wish gm didn't use cheap modules for this kinda of stuff cause when mine did the overtravel it really screwed the module and ran my battery dead overnight so it costs me about 500 dollars for a battery,module and actuator when i only needed a new battery and module.

  7. #22
    yokatta is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2003 Escalade
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    9

    Re: No rear temp control with new actuator

    I am having the exact same problem with my '03. Just recently started blowing cold air in the rear. I tried and dorman 604-111 and it over rotated too. So I bought a control module GM part #15832319 off ebay (used) and it does the same thing, over rotates. Tried, as you all did, switching the floor/ceiling and the hot/cold and both work in the floor/ceiling position with both the old and new module. Maybe my used module is bad??? But it is part #15832319. Anyway, I am at a loss so I set it to heat and pulled the power and put it all back together before I pulled all my hair out!

  8. #23
    the cadillac man's Avatar
    the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    speedwell tn,
    Posts
    7,275
    Quote Originally Posted by yokatta
    I am having the exact same problem with my '03. Just recently started blowing cold air in the rear. I tried and dorman 604-111 and it over rotated too. So I bought a control module GM part #15832319 off ebay (used) and it does the same thing, over rotates. Tried, as you all did, switching the floor/ceiling and the hot/cold and both work in the floor/ceiling position with both the old and new module. Maybe my used module is bad??? But it is part #15832319. Anyway, I am at a loss so I set it to heat and pulled the power and put it all back together before I pulled all my hair out!
    Before throwing more money into it get the codes pulled Trust me on this as I have been in your shoes before and it costed me close to 500 by the time I was done The brain is the small black box just above the heater core hoses(this is what you need to replace)

    FYI the part number you got is for the old module which could have already had the over travel code go to a gm dealer and get a new one there is no programming needed to make it work but you may also need a new acutitior (not sure)

    Trust me I have been there before and know how you feel

  9. #24
    yokatta is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2003 Escalade
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    9

    Re: No rear temp control with new actuator

    I did take it to the dealer and paid $50 for him to check the codes and nothing came up. Even had him check the current and history and nothing. Which surprised me. I read on here somewhere that was the NEW part #. I know it was different than the existing one. If there is a new part # could someone share it with me please?

  10. #25
    John outlaw is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    9

    Re: No rear temp control with new actuator

    Does anybody have a picture of where this module is locatede, I have an 05 ESV that is doing the exact same thing?

  11. #26
    the cadillac man's Avatar
    the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    speedwell tn,
    Posts
    7,275
    Quote Originally Posted by John outlaw
    Does anybody have a picture of where this module is locatede, I have an 05 ESV that is doing the exact same thing?
    I did a thread in the sticky/FAQ section of the forum it has pics and has step by step instructions on how to remove the panel to access the system

  12. #27
    John outlaw is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    9

    Re: No rear temp control with new actuator

    Thanks

  13. #28
    John outlaw is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    9

    Re: No rear temp control with new actuator

    The panels you refer to are they in the passanger floor board if not I can't tell in the pics what you are removing to check or repalce the modules.

    Thanks

  14. #29
    the cadillac man's Avatar
    the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    speedwell tn,
    Posts
    7,275
    Quote Originally Posted by John outlaw
    The panels you refer to are they in the passanger floor board if not I can't tell in the pics what you are removing to check or repalce the modules. Thanks
    They are in the right rear of the truck if your referring to the rear hvac system

  15. #30
    John outlaw is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    9

    Re: No rear temp control with new actuator

    Thanks Cadillac Man

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Bookmarks

Cadillac Posting Rules

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Read about Lincoln | Buick | Kia Forte Forum
Need products for your Cadillac? Check out your options at the links below:

custom floor mats | Cadillac Chrome and Black Chrome Wheels | window tinting