How To: Change a Camshaft positiong sensor on my 2002 cadillac escalade? P0342
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, How To: Change a Camshaft positiong sensor on my 2002 cadillac escalade? P0342 in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Hello all, I'm happy and disappointed at the same time. I purchased an OBDDII scanner(something I always wanted) today and ...
    LACbaby is offline Cadillac Owners Member

How To: Change a Camshaft positiong sensor on my 2002 cadillac escalade? P0342

Hello all,

I'm happy and disappointed at the same time. I purchased an OBDDII scanner(something I always wanted) today and finally cleared my "change oil" light(long story but its cleared!). Well the sad news are, my EXT has thrown its first service engine light since I purchased it in 2004! The good news, I was able to pull the code from my new scanner. The results: P0342 - Camshaft positioning sensor.

I will like to replace it myself but have no idea where its located and what else is needed to replace. Can anyone tell me where its located?

Thanks for the help and hope this post can help me and others in the future!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

cham1127 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LACbaby
    Hello all,

I'm happy and disappointed at the same time. I purchased an OBDDII scanner(something I always wanted) today and finally cleared my "change oil" light(long story but its cleared!). Well the sad news are, my EXT has thrown its first service engine light since I purchased it in 2004! The good news, I was able to pull the code from my new scanner. The results: P0342 - Camshaft positioning sensor.

I will like to replace it myself but have no idea where its located and what else is needed to replace. Can anyone tell me where its located?

Please let me know when you find out,, thx u

wesyder is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 Escalade ESV awd, 05 Yukon Xl Denali awd, 06 SRX sold
    Quote Originally Posted by LACbaby
    Hello all,

The earliest factory service manual i have is 2003 it shows its at the rear of the engine in the center of the valley (space between the cylinder heads) it shows the intake manifold must be removed to access

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.