HOW TO: Reset the "change oil" light on my 2002?!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, HOW TO: Reset the "change oil" light on my 2002?! in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Can anyone please help?! I changed my oil and I need to reset the light. I did some research and ...
    LACbaby is offline Cadillac Owners Member

HOW TO: Reset the "change oil" light on my 2002?!

Can anyone please help?! I changed my oil and I need to reset the light. I did some research and I was able to find/do the following;

- Hold down the oil life button. Well, I DON"T HAVE AN OIL LIFE READER(no percentage of life reader etc....) which means I don't have that option.
    - Turn key to ON and press the gas pedal 3 times. Well, I did that and now my "change oil" light flashes 5 times. What did I do or what does that mean?

Any help would be very appreciated! Thank you.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

sk7
    sk7 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2002 Escalade AWD

Re: HOW TO: Reset the "change oil" light on my 2002?!

The oil life button is part of the 03+ generation dashboard. I forget if its 3 times or 5 times but always had no problem using the gas pedal at wot! The change oil warning starts blinking when the reset is sucessful, then key off and back on and its gone. It has to be done quickly as soon as ignition is on.

Quote Originally Posted by sk7 View Post
    The oil life button is part of the 03+ generation dashboard. I forget if its 3 times or 5 times but always had no problem using the gas pedal at wot! The change oil warning starts blinking when the reset is sucessful, then key off and back on and its gone. It has to be done quickly as soon as ignition is on.
    Thanks for the reply. Makes sense why I don't have oil life meter...

Now, regarding the oil light and pedal, it is 3 times with in 5 seconds. I did that and it did blink after I did it but now EVERY TIME I turn on the truck, the change oil light flashes at me 5 times. I don't know what that means.

gmercedesbenz is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2002 Escalade

Press down on the gas pedal all the way three times with the truck OFF. Then turn the truck on, light should then not come on. If it doesn't work the first time, attempt again. I have the owners manual that I can post a scanned copy of where it says this if you need it.

Quote Originally Posted by gmercedesbenz View Post
    Press down on the gas pedal all the way three times with the truck OFF. Then turn the truck on, light should then not come on. If it doesn't work the first time, attempt again. I have the owners manual that I can post a scanned copy of where it says this if you need it.

Thanks for the help. I also have the manual and did exactly what it told me BUT if you read further, it also states if it doesn't go off, take it to a technician. I ended buying an OBDII scanner at Harbor Freight today and cleared it with no problem

Thanks for the help everyone!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.