Need Part Number 2005 Escalade Touch Screen Nav Radio
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, Need Part Number 2005 Escalade Touch Screen Nav Radio in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Want to add a Touch Screen Navigation Radio to my 2004 Escalade. Checked with my local dealer, but he could ...
    allwest is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Need Part Number 2005 Escalade Touch Screen Nav Radio

Want to add a Touch Screen Navigation Radio to my 2004 Escalade. Checked with my local dealer, but he could not provide the part number. Anybody pulled theirs yet?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

NOCLRNCE is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: Need Part Number 2005 Escalade Touch Screen Nav Radio

I work at a GM dealer and the radio is not serviced at the dealer. It requires special handling through an AC Delco service center. I Dont know if they will talk to you if youre not a dealer but heres the number....AER (800) 321-6970

crusher is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 Escalade Premium

There was one on e-bay with part #10377531. Said it was out of a 2005 and that it fit 2003 to 2005. Sold for $1025.00 with buy it now.

Thanks Crusher - I bought that one. Will post again when it arrives. Hope it is the correct one.

crusher is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 Escalade Premium

Allwest...Please let us know how it works out for you. You got a great deal on that unit considering it is a touch screen. I'm hoping it as simple as it is made out to be.

Installed the Touch-Screen Navigation Head unit GM part number 10377531, GPS Antenna GM part number 15135178, DVD Mapdisk version 3 GM part number 10390370. Had the dealer reset the theftlock and it works like a dream.

gabbman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

did you already have the nav and was it a direct plugin replacement

joshuap is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Escalade EXT

The touch screen all works and voice command? Cause I know they said there was going to be voice commands for radio stations and such, and was curious if it required a separate mic or what. Also, did you have Nav prior, because I thought you did, so why did you need a new antenna? Thanks!

joshuap is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Escalade EXT

???

I did not have Navigation before, thus the antenna, it was a direct plug in. I am not aware of a voice command capability. The touch screen is a dream. One display mentioned in the manual does not appear, and I'm wondering if an additional Variable Speed Sensor (VSS) wire is needed from circuit 817. The missing display is the Speed Compensated Volume display. Waiting for one to show up at a nearby dealer to investigate.

Kappa-Lac is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Please post some pics of the install.

Right now I do not have a digital camera, but the link I am posting is to JP Customs whom has posted some great pics. http://www.jpcustoms.com/store/image...creenshots.htm
    Differences are in that mine does not show a Chevy symbol and mine displays the uplevel audio screen rather then the base. (the base has the EQ1 EQ2 etc.) Entering an address with touchscreen is easier for me than the joystick. Once a touchscreen never again a joystick.

capjand1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 02 Escalade

allwest,
    how much did everything cost including the labor, and how long did the whole setup take?

KING_TB is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Do you still have XM Radio capability?

capjand1
    At this point the Radio which was purchased on E-bay for $1050 and came with Version 3 map disc, GPS Antenna about $50 from GMpartsdirect.com. Manual from GM for about $12. And a trip to the dealer for the reset $32, and I had the reset instructions for the Tech-2 already printed for the dealer. Now I installed the GPS antenna and radio. To install the GPS antenna, I had to remove the top cover of the dash in addition to the instrument panel bezel. This whole job consumed about 1 and 1/2 hours because I had not done it before.

A couple of hidden costs were inherent in the project: A full set of service manuals (2003) on e-bay for $90, these manuals give a breakdown of how things come apart and go back together. Several hours at the computer reading posts in this forum and at the Chevy Avalanche Fan Club http://www.chevyavalanchefanclub.com. Those boys in the Avalanche fan club are ambitious and determined. But I learned a whole bunch reading all posts pertaining to navigation radio.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.