Need Part Number 2005 Escalade Touch Screen Nav Radio - Page 5
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, Need Part Number 2005 Escalade Touch Screen Nav Radio in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Post your question in the following link http://www.chevyavalanchefanclub.com...c,40387.0.html If anyone would know what the possible cause is, Sperry would. Sounds ...
    flyingdutchman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: Need Part Number 2005 Escalade Touch Screen Nav Radio

Post your question in the following link http://www.chevyavalanchefanclub.com...c,40387.0.html
    If anyone would know what the possible cause is, Sperry would.

Sounds like the connectors in the back are not seated correctly or the unit is defective.

Gps location under dash pad
    Attached Images

Insrument cluster connector Vss wire circled at A4 connection
    Attached Images

Radio connector with Vss wire circled at connector 2E
    Attached Images

Ohm check between A4 and E2 to make sure Vss wire is connected
    Attached Images

Boot Screen
    Attached Images

Theftlock message
    Attached Images

Radio Part number
    Attached Images

Samboosa is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Thanks alot flyingdutchman for the pics. This is really a great help!

I just ordered the same part number and waiting for it to arrive with the antenna.

I have just 1 question might not sound a bit silly: How do I remove the AM/FM antenna connector from the headunit? I normally don't just go ahead and open things with force because I have some past experience in breaking things!

When you remove the radio ( held in by three screws) you have the two wired connectors that if I remember are held in by a locking clip that you use a small screwdriver to remove or they have squeeze tabs. Not sure. The am/fm antenna just pulls out. The GPS antenna locks in the square hole. The hardest part of the job for me was after removing the two passenger side vents was reaching in to push on the release tabs to remove the grab handle. Also be careful when removing the light sensor from the top of the dsahboard. It just needs a quarter turn.

honda4x4nut is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 Escalade EXT

I am going to try and reinstall the radio to see if maybe i have some wires loose. and i will also check the VSS wire with my ohm meter. If that don't work im calling the person who sold me the unit, it was gaurenteed not to be dead on arrival, SO!!! Thanks alot flyingdutchman

I am going to try and reinstall the radio to see if maybe i have some wires loose. and i will also check the VSS wire with my ohm meter. If that don't work im calling the person who sold me the unit, it was gaurenteed not to be dead on arrival, SO!!! Thanks alot flyingdutchman

Well i got the screen to work.Stupid me i had installed the Pac-audio VCI-GM2 back-up camera interface but did not hook up the box i just left the serial cable loose. didnt even pay attention to that. OH well it works now MAN I LOVE TOUCHSCREEN!!!!

lostDTS is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by flyingdutchman
    To TEMPORARILY bypass theftlock do the following
    1) Turn key to ACC position ( not run)
    2) Wait for "theftlock" screen to appear
    3) Pull radio fuse
    4) Put radio fuse back in
    5) Radio will work as normal until key is turned off or vehicle is started

If this dosen't work for you, is it possible you bought a NON-LUX Touchscreen and not one for the Y91 Lux-Amp

GM makes 3 different sound systems for their trucks/SUV's. There is the standard non-Bose system (RPO code UQ3). You have this if you dont have a center console (and the speakers dont say Bose on them). Then there is the "premium" Bose system. (RPO code UQ7) Any 03 and up GM SUV/truck that has a full center console has the Bose sound system. Then there is the "luxury" Bose sound system(RPO code UQ7 and Y91). The two Bose systems are physically identical (hence the same RPO code) except for the amplifier. The Y91 systems (which are found only in Denali's, Escalades, EXT's, and ESV's) utilize a "smart" amp which has a built in DSP and other goodies... AND this amp can "talk" with the whole rest of the car because it speaks the Class II data language that the car's main computer speaks. The "premium" or "dumb" (as it is sometimes called) amp does not in any way talk with anything in the car. It JUST amplifies whatever it is fed from the head unit. Now because these two amps talk with the Head units and receive the sound signals differently, there are obviously many different head units. This includes the navigation head units. There is a nav HU that "speaks" the LUX amp language and then a different nav HU that speaks the premium amp language. There is NO nav HU that works with the base (NON BOSE) sound system.
    Yes there is a head unit that works with the non bose system, it has its own amp in it, and will say BOSE on start up even though there are no Bose speakers. This unit it out of a Buick.

Quote Originally Posted by lostDTS
    Yes there is a head unit that works with the non bose system, it has its own amp in it, and will say BOSE on start up even though there are no Bose speakers. This unit it out of a Buick.

And the part number is ????????

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.