Air Shocks vs Gas Shocks - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, Air Shocks vs Gas Shocks in Cadillac Escalade Forums; looking for some guidance...looking to replace my current air shocks with oem replacements from Arnott industries. Any reason that i ...
    fitz13 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac Escalade ESV

Re: Air Shocks vs Gas Shocks

looking for some guidance...looking to replace my current air shocks with oem replacements from Arnott industries. Any reason that i should also add, for less than $100.00, the air lift 1000 ones - mentioned in one of the other threads? Will this affect/damage my factory air ride?

nathanjax is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2007 esKONali

Quote Originally Posted by fitz13 View Post
    looking for some guidance...looking to replace my current air shocks with oem replacements from Arnott industries. Any reason that i should also add, for less than $100.00, the air lift 1000 ones - mentioned in one of the other threads? Will this affect/damage my factory air ride?
    There's no real point to have the Airlift helper bags if your stock bags and system are working properly. When you put a load on your factory suspension, it should raise the rear back up to factory height, the same thing that would be done with the airlift.

Same thing, just 2 different ways of doing it.

Thank you for the quick response. Unfortunately, i did nhave one more question...if i go with the Arnott Remanufactured O.E.M. Electronic Rear Air Shock, will i need to bring to Cadillac to be "re-programmed"?

Quote Originally Posted by fitz13 View Post
    Thank you for the quick response. Unfortunately, i did nhave one more question...if i go with the Arnott Remanufactured O.E.M. Electronic Rear Air Shock, will i need to bring to Cadillac to be "re-programmed"?
    No cause nothing is programmed. Just a simple swap

roboteacher is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I put the Airlift 1000 in today. It kicked my ass (3-1/2 hours on my back, I feel like a cheerleader at prom). It's by far the best this truck has ever rode. I put a regulator in line so I don't over-fill. What a great mod.

ok, so good news...bad news! Shocks don't leak, airlines no leaks. Dealer has no idea what could be wrong? When i got off the phone with service, the last thing he mentioned was that it could be an auto height level sensor, not funstioning properly? Not sure what that means...so looking for more guidance. Oh yeah, they also found leaking engine oil cooler lines and sterring length/pitman arm something...$1000.00 to be exact...ugh!

Kinda like Joe Peshi (they FU*& you at the drive through), they FU*& you at the dealer. I took a jumper to the relay to make sure the compressor could be powered up. Once that was done and I did all that you did, I removed the compressor, put it on a bench and found an issue with the solenoid vavle attached to it. I bought a new system from Arnott (has the new solenoid attached) and it worked great until my shocks started leaking. After I found out how much it cost to replace all the shocks, I decided to replace everything and have never been happier. It rides great without the worry of when it was going to fail again.

Good Luck

MattC04 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Where did you buy them for $235. and no shipping?

The web site and part numbers are in this posting. They are on the first tab of these. I hooked up the trailer yesterday (a loaded 8.5' x 20' trailer) and it didn't sag a bit. I've never been happier with a vehicle mod.

nohopeboyz is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): escalade

my SSS light comes on too... Please help..

bowanna03 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Escalade

I completed the swap yesterday also and am still gettign the SSS light, is there anything that can be done to remove I pulled one RTD 30 amp fuse.

Quote Originally Posted by bowanna03 View Post
    I completed the swap yesterday also and am still gettign the SSS light, is there anything that can be done to remove I pulled one RTD 30 amp fuse.
    Did you swap front and rear shocks? Did you unhook your battery, pull fuse, remove and replace all 4 shocks, and then replace battery cable?

bowanna03 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Escalade

Yes, I replaced all four and did the battery and also pulled the fuse. I left the battery disconnected for an hour. Is it possible i have another code too. I am hearing a noise in the front end that sounds like a pump kickin on like ABS or brakes after I go more than 5 miles an hour it goes away, could that be it?

robmick is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Do I have to replace all 4? Or can I just replace the rears??

96Fleetwood is offline Auto Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2002 Eldorado Collectors Series and 1994 Fleetwood

I hate to bring old threads back.. but to f/up with those who installed these Bilsteins to replace the 'autoride'..... how is it working out?

I am thinking of doing the same with my Denali and wanted to see how they held up after some use.

Thanks,
    Elias
    1994 Cadillac Fleetwood- the sleeper project
    2002 Pontiac Trans Am Collectors Edition WS6 Conv't- the show car
    2002 Cadillac Eldorado Collectors Series # 1572
    2006 Mini Cooper S BRG 6spd- the autox gokart
    2014 Range Rover Sport V8 Supercharged- wife's daily driver
    2014 Ram 1500 Laramie Hemi Crew 4x4- daily driver/tow vehicle

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.