02 Escalade HID
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, 02 Escalade HID in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Would it be possible to just swap in 03 and up headlights for the hid or just buy a kit? ...
    RByers91 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2002 Escalade

02 Escalade HID

Would it be possible to just swap in 03 and up headlights for the hid or just buy a kit? Also are the highbeams on 03+ esalades hid as well? I'm also wondering if anyone has put 03+ mirrors on an 02 escalade for the turn signals. Thanks for all the help.

-Ryan

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Tx_Lee is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac Escalade

Re: 02 Escalade HID

no 02-06 escalades have factory stock HID high beams... only low beams starting with 03's

nathanjax is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2007 esKONali

Quote Originally Posted by RByers91 View Post
    Would it be possible to just swap in 03 and up headlights for the hid or just buy a kit? Also are the highbeams on 03+ esalades hid as well? I'm also wondering if anyone has put 03+ mirrors on an 02 escalade for the turn signals. Thanks for all the help.

-Ryan
    99-02
    Low Beams - 9006 (Standard bulbs)
    High beams - 9005 (Standard bulbs)

03-06
    Low Beams - HID-D1R (HID bulbs)

http://www.sylvania.com/ConsumerProd...lacementGuide/

Old Guy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 03 Tahoe... sold 05 ESV

Quote Originally Posted by nathanjax View Post
    99-02
    Low Beams - 9006 (Standard bulbs)

03-06
    Low Beams - HID-D1R (HID bulbs)

http://www.sylvania.com/ConsumerProd...lacementGuide/

Wrong... See above...
    no he stated it correctly... he said none had stock HIGH beams, in fact you only reinforced his statement with yours...

nathanjax is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2007 esKONali

lol... i see now... been up WAAAAY too long with my 2 week old daughter..

Edited post

RByers91 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2002 Escalade

So its just a bulb? Could I just put the bulb in or would i need an hid kit?

Rolex is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2008 Nissan Titan, 1996 Jeep Wrangler

You will want a retrofit HID kit. The kit comes with ballasts, bulbs, and wiring. It's plug and play and gives you the look and light output you want.

http://store.sharphid.com/Default.asp

SharpHID is a vendor here. They offer slim ballast kits for $39 with a lifetime warranty on their products. Buy with confidence.

Here's a diagram of a basic HID kit:
    http://articles.dashzracing.com/wp-c...on_diagram.jpg

eta: HIDs are more practical to use in the low beam lamps because they're constantly on. High beams get cycled on and off too frequently. You wouldn't be able to use the high beams to "flash" other drivers because HIDs need a few seconds to warm up in order to be bright. I've also read and heard it said that the frequent on and off cycling can shorten the life of the ballasts on HIDs. I can't confirm or deny if that's true.
    The above post is my 2 cents....nothing more.

Pitbull14218 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2002 White Diamond EXT

Quote Originally Posted by Rolex View Post
    You will want a retrofit HID kit. The kit comes with ballasts, bulbs, and wiring. It's plug and play and gives you the look and light output you want.

http://store.sharphid.com/Default.asp

SharpHID is a vendor here. They offer slim ballast kits for $39 with a lifetime warranty on their products. Buy with confidence.

Here's a diagram of a basic HID kit:
    http://articles.dashzracing.com/wp-c...on_diagram.jpg

eta: HIDs are more practical to use in the low beam lamps because they're constantly on. High beams get cycled on and off too frequently. You wouldn't be able to use the high beams to "flash" other drivers because HIDs need a few seconds to warm up in order to be bright. I've also read and heard it said that the frequent on and off cycling can shorten the life of the ballasts on HIDs. I can't confirm or deny if that's true.
    Are they still lifetime warranty?

Silent_Assasin is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Escalade EXT - Rip Tide Blue

Quote Originally Posted by RByers91 View Post
    So its just a bulb? Could I just put the bulb in or would i need an hid kit?
    bro, hid kits are SIMPLE to install, seriously i have done it on many of cars already! buy from DDMTUNING.com....or you could go ebay route, the kits cost 35-45 dollars with everything you need! ....my personal fav is the 8,000K bulbs! just make sure you get the correct HID kit for whatever bulb your looking for, which will most likely be a 9006 or 9005! going and buying 40 or 50 dollar sylvania super white bulbs that only mimik HIDs , why not just go buy the real thing for CHEAPER!...

godsdiablo is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac Escalade

I would buy 03-06 head lights , you'll be blinding people with 02 head lights with aftermarket hids the reflectors werent made for all that

the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by godsdiablo
    I would buy 03-06 head lights , you'll be blinding people with 02 head lights with aftermarket hids the reflectors werent made for all that
    I agree with this statement hid housing are designed for the d1r bulb which has a nice sharp cut off at the point it WON'T blind other drivers

A kit only only work best for the fog lights and high beams NOT the low beams

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.