Rear Climate control for an EXT
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, Rear Climate control for an EXT in Cadillac Escalade Forums; I can't find anything in my manual or on the site about the climate control in the rear of my ...
    roboteacher is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Rear Climate control for an EXT

I can't find anything in my manual or on the site about the climate control in the rear of my '04 EXT. It has an On/Off button and some typical climate buttons but none of them work. If I press the power button (in the rear), the LEDs come on for a couple of seconds (it says OFF in the LEDs). Then the LEDs turn off. It's weird. I have the climate control on in the front of the truck and there are no back seat controls in the front. I was wondering if the controls is the back are "dummy" controls and really not there for any particular reason or am I missing something obvious.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

pmartell12 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): black 2003 ESV

Re: Rear Climate control for an EXT

i have an esv, the overhead controls have to be on AUX, to allow rear controls, hope this helps

My EXT doesn't have any overhead controls. That's what is weird. I saw a bunch of threads and they all said stuff about the controls being in the AUX position but I don't have those controls. I don't see anything in the front of the truck that even remotely looks like it has anything to do with the rear controls. The rear stereo controls work fine. The climate controls just power on and then right back off.

pmartell12 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): black 2003 ESV

i would post a like to a fleabay auction that shows the esv console, but my post count is too low, i did see what yours look like though, and they are different, good luck in your search

I'm trying to upload pictures but I'm not quite sure how to do it. When I try to insert the image, the forum wants a URL. When I direct it to the location on my PC, it only displays the address in the posting. Any ideas?

Pitbull14218 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2002 White Diamond EXT

I have a 2002 EXT, I haven't noticed any controls for the rear vents, and when I have the heat on I put my hand in the back while driving to feel for air going through the vents but seemed like nothing was coming out?

Is this normal?

the cadillac man is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitbull14218
    I have a 2002 EXT, I haven't noticed any controls for the rear vents, and when I have the heat on I put my hand in the back while driving to feel for air going through the vents but seemed like nothing was coming out?

Is this normal?
    When there is vents but no controls they work off of the front controls that means if you have the front to floor then the rear will be on the floor vents(normally under the front seats)
    My dads hummer h2 is the same way

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.