RR door switch
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, RR door switch in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Hi evryone, my 2003 Escalade's interior lights do not come when the right rear door is opened. When the vehicle ...
    Eamoore is offline Cadillac Owners Member

RR door switch

Hi evryone, my 2003 Escalade's interior lights do not come when the right rear door is opened. When the vehicle is started there is not a "DOOR AJAR" alarm on the DIC.

Where is the door open\close switch located on this truck?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

sk7
    sk7 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2002 Escalade AWD

Re: RR door switch

The door open switch is part of the latch assembly. If you are handy with a test light I can post the wiring diagram. Door panel comes off easy for testing the switch. You can also have a look at the wire boot-loom between door and post.

BillysBowties is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 2WD Pearl Escalade

Mine is acting the same way but its the left rear door, now my drivers door is doing the same thing. I can hit my fob and the lights come on but just for a second, where could the problem be if its doing it on both left doors.

Thanks for any feedback

the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by BillysBowties
    Mine is acting the same way but its the left rear door, now my drivers door is doing the same thing. I can hit my fob and the lights come on but just for a second, where could the problem be if its doing it on both left doors.

Thanks for any feedback
    Could be wiring or it could be the bcm

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by BillysBowties View Post

Thanks for any feedback
    BillysBowties,

Sincere apologies to hear that you're experiencing similar issues. I definitely understand how frustrating that can be. If you'd like us to perform some additional research on your behalf, you're more than welcome to message us privately for assistance on this matter. Here to help.

William R. (assisting Greg & Laura)
    Cadillac Customer Care

That would be great if you would post the wiring diagram.The light on that door comes on when one of the other doors are open but not when it is open. I hope it is a loose wire and I do not have to replace the latch. THANKS.

Quote Originally Posted by Eamoore
    That would be great if you would post the wiring diagram.The light on that door comes on when one of the other doors are open but not when it is open. I hope it is a loose wire and I do not have to replace the latch. THANKS.
    Ok if you pm me your email I will send you the service manual

I tried to pm you it said your inbox is full.

Quote Originally Posted by Eamoore
    I tried to pm you it said your inbox is full.
    Sorry about that I am going to clear it out in a bit and will pm you after I do(iPhone app doesn't tell how full my inbox gets)

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.