Rear side windows
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, Rear side windows in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Hey all, I have a 99 escalade and hate that the rear side windows only go down a quarter of ...
    sydney310 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Rear side windows

Hey all, I have a 99 escalade and hate that the rear side windows only go down a quarter of the way. Is there a way to get the windows to go any farther down?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

slimm44 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Re: Rear side windows

no, the glass hits the wheel well. you could extend the wheelbase and graft in suburban doors. then you could get them all the way down.

bigman30685 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

what about a 2002?

slimm44 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

not 100% sure on the NBS, but i think you'll run into the same problem. there just isn't room for the glass to go down all the way.

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

As said you need a full size Escalade (Suburban) to get the 2nd row windows to go down all the way ( I do not sit in the middle seats so it does not bother me)

T_Dogg8 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2002 Escalade EXT 2003 CTS

my 02 EXT goes all the way down.

outofdablue is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

The Ext's are built on the same platform as the suburbans so the windows go all the way down.

Xrayqueen is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Talking Re: Rear side windows

I was suprised windows don't go all the way down also. I have a 2000. I also have a Landcruiser windows go all the way down It never dawned on me when I bought Mr. lucky to roll the back window down. So i was quite suprised when they went half way down Theres always a trade off. I roll with my 10 year old so it's ok. He can't jump out I just think Caddy wasn't thinking when it came to windows. Just like what happened to a locking gas cap
    Peace

T_Dogg8 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2002 Escalade EXT 2003 CTS

that was one of the first things i did. my friend and i were testing it out and we put down the back windows to see if they'd go all the way. i don't really care, since i don't ride back there, but i think it's nice to have them do that. and my blazer did that, so i didn't want to lose an 'option'. now hearing the others don't do that, i'm glad i got the EXT.

MarsingRedneck is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1999 STS

What about 1999 Seville STS?

the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    I am in the same boat with the rear windows but I don't mind since am rarely in the second row the esv and ext's rear windows can roll down further due to the longer wheelbase partly due to the wheel not being there.

I have found that the windows can go down a bit further but I don't know if it can be done to let them go down further.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.