05 Escalade 6.0 manifold bolts broken? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, 05 Escalade 6.0 manifold bolts broken? in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Hey d3apool, Sorry to here that. This is not an easy job. You'll probably have to pull the manifolds to ...
    Nrubkcalb is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 Escalade AWD 6.0l.

Re: 05 Escalade 6.0 manifold bolts broken?

Hey d3apool,
    Sorry to here that. This is not an easy job. You'll probably have to pull the manifolds to replace them so you might as well replace them all. Good luck!
    Bill

d3adpool is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2003 Escalade

Quote Originally Posted by Nrubkcalb View Post
    Hey d3apool,
    Sorry to here that. This is not an easy job. You'll probably have to pull the manifolds to replace them so you might as well replace them all. Good luck!
    Bill
    thanks, i just filled out a complaint, even tho i'm not sure i lost my bolts or they just weren't put in when the motor was replaced. What else was going on with your engine besides the ticking sound?

d3adpool is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2003 Escalade

been doing some research on other forums and i guess it is pretty common http://www.fullsizechevy.com/showthr...=manifold+bolt
    http://www.fullsizechevy.com/showthr...vers-side-rear

Nrubkcalb is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 Escalade AWD 6.0l.

d3, The ticking sound actually starts to sound like an exhaust leak, after a while, especially when you first start up. I checked the links you posted and will probably join so I can post what we Cadillac owners have experienced.
    Regards.

gmercedesbenz is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2002 Escalade

Just ran into the same issue on my '02 at 125,650. Those of you who know me, know my truck is impeccably maintained. Shop needs to replace the driver side manifold entirely, quoted around $900. Unreal.

Based upon numerous responses on a number of forums and the video shown at the link below, I have filed a formal complaint with the NHTSA. (ODI: 10494361) I'm sure many of you have done the same thing, I can only hope that they will even read it.

Will GM Recall Broken Exhaust Bolts on Its V8's?

wesyder is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 Escalade ESV awd, 05 Yukon Xl Denali awd, 06 SRX sold
    Quote Originally Posted by gmercedesbenz
    Just ran into the same issue on my '02 at 125,650. Those of you who know me, know my truck is impeccably maintained. Shop needs to replace the driver side manifold entirely, quoted around $900. Unreal.

Based upon numerous responses on a number of forums and the video shown at the link below, I have filed a formal complaint with the NHTSA. (ODI: 10494361) I'm sure many of you have done the same thing, I can only hope that they will even read it.

Good luck with that one

the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by gmercedesbenz

Wow I just watched the video and I will be replacing my spark plugs so I will inspect the bolts also while I am at it

Edit I checked them today and two bolts have broke heads wtf

sbowers115 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 Escalade ESV Platinum

ok..need some help guys.. I have an 05 escalade esv that has a ticking noise, almost like a lifter noise under acceleration. Doesn't do it while at idle. Increases with the rpm.. I have pulled the valve cover, everything looks fine, have shut the engine down cylinder by cylinder, noise is still there...unhooked torque converter, noise still there. Flywheel does not appear to be cracked. HELP ME PLEASE !

Quote Originally Posted by sbowers115
    ok..need some help guys.. I have an 05 escalade esv that has a ticking noise, almost like a lifter noise under acceleration. Doesn't do it while at idle. Increases with the rpm.. I have pulled the valve cover, everything looks fine, have shut the engine down cylinder by cylinder, noise is still there...unhooked torque converter, noise still there. Flywheel does not appear to be cracked. HELP ME PLEASE !
    Are the manifold bolts intact or is a few of them with broken heads? If broken it can cause the ticking

wake is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2007 STS-V, 2005 Escalade

None missing the heads on mine but they do look fragile, covered in thick rust. I'm used to seeing rusted manifold bolts but not like I have under the hood right now.

Looks like a wrench to them would not be a good idea.

djais1801 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 EXT Sable Black

well...thankful i read this thread last night...had my rig in the shop this morning and i have 3 bolts broken. My tech said they're not broken flush with the head, so it's easy to back out, if they were flush, you'd have to remove the head to get them out...dodged that bullet!

Quote Originally Posted by djais1801
    well...thankful i read this thread last night...had my rig in the shop this morning and i have 3 bolts broken. My tech said they're not broken flush with the head, so it's easy to back out, if they were flush, you'd have to remove the head to get them out...dodged that bullet!
    Lucky dog I haven't thought of messing with those bolts even though mine has a few broke heads

jjtwomey is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2002 Escalade 500XS
    Quote Originally Posted by djais1801 View Post
    Lucky is right, this happened to my 2000 Silverado, and it can be really expensive if they aren't broken off like that.. It's all aluminum so if it cracks I'm out a couple grand

Quote Originally Posted by jjtwomey

Lucky is right, this happened to my 2000 Silverado, and it can be really expensive if they aren't broken off like that.. It's all aluminum so if it cracks I'm out a couple grand
    Lucky me there isn't any cracks just broken bolt heads

djais1801 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 EXT Sable Black

Quote Originally Posted by the cadillac man View Post
    Lucky me there isn't any cracks just broken bolt heads
    my buddy said theyre seeing a ton of these on the 6.2's also

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.