Escalade headlights
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, Escalade headlights in Cadillac Escalade Forums; how do you remove the 03 and newer escalade headlights? a link would be great or some detailed description i ...
    eduardo831 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2003 escalade

Escalade headlights

how do you remove the 03 and newer escalade headlights? a link would be great or some detailed description i searchrd but i couldnt find anything. thanks in advanced

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

hcubed is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2002 Escalade

Re: Escalade headlights

Why don't you read your owner's manual?

Headlight removal for bulb changes starts on page 5-56.

If you don't have a manual, dowload one at www.pdfcast.org

eduardo831 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2003 escalade

I know how to take them out to change the bulbs, but I want to take the connection to the HID's out to take the whole light off so i could clean it. I dont want to start pulling on wires and break something. There is a connection that comes in through the bottom of the assembly I think it comes from the balast to the HID's this is the only thing holding the headlight at this point.

shore is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade

Remove plastic shroud on top of grille.several push pins.

Remove grille.One bolt and it lifts out.

Each headlight has two "L" shaped pins.1 on top and 1 on the side.Pop them away from the headlight(they sit in a clip) and pull them out.Hold the light it might fall forward.

There is a wire harness to the HID ballast on the grille side of the light housing.1 has a little colored clip.Just pop it off.Then undo the harness.Now the main harness in on the bottom of the headlight housing.Flip it over and undo it.

It's very easy.Don't drop it.If you're trying to clean the lens out with water just take one of the bulbs out.Don't bother with the HID as it's a bitch.Let the water drain out the wire harness connection.

d3adpool is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2003 Escalade

what about if you decide to clear your headlights, how do you remove the HIDs?

mosimann is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 Escalade EXT

What do you mean about removing hids? It's really easy to disassemble everything, remove the bulbs, unplug the ballast, etc.

d3adpool is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2003 Escalade

Quote Originally Posted by mosimann View Post
    What do you mean about removing hids? It's really easy to disassemble everything, remove the bulbs, unplug the ballast, etc.
    i dunno, some ppl say its a "bitch", some say its easy to remove the hids and all the wire harnesses from the housing. Which is it?

00buck86 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 Escalade 2WD

Quote Originally Posted by d3adpool View Post
    i dunno, some ppl say its a "bitch", some say its easy to remove the hids and all the wire harnesses from the housing. Which is it?
    wow I wish somebody would've answered the damn question. I'm having the same problem. That cable that people are saying "just disconnect it" can't be! or so it seems. I also need help on this because I'm trying to swap my headlight housing to a new one. The HID cable had a metal clip around it that I removed and beneath it is a black plug that plugs to the HID light but I can't remove it. I've tried screwdrivers, needle nose pliers, and brute force. I need that cable removed and no one on the net knows how. Please help; someone must know (and for God sakes please don't say look in the manual because it tells you to take it to the dealer - F that!).

00buck86 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 Escalade 2WD

well in case someone's searching for this in the future, I found a way that may not be the most desirable way to do things. I simply cut the cable. There are 3 layers of shielding for this cable (one rubber two threaded). Beneath that there are three wires that are color coded. If you're switching headlight lenses or just want to clean them you'll have to couple them back together. I recommend using reusable ones. If anyone has a detailed better way to do this, please add to.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.