how to fold down second row seat
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, how to fold down second row seat in Cadillac Escalade Forums; I don't know what i have done... I got it to work once.. but now i don't even remember how ...
    Da32212 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2003 Escalade AWD

Red face how to fold down second row seat

I don't know what i have done... I got it to work once.. but now i don't even remember how to do it!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

suncruiser00 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 esv platinum

Re: how to fold down second row seat

if you got buckets which i presume you do.. you have to take the head rests out by pushing in the buttons on the seats, then there is a small tiny strap in the seat itself right in the middle pull up on that then move the hand lever on the side up and it will come down.. make sure to move front row up a lil.. hope this helps

bigksone is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 ESV, 2004 Escalade

Quote Originally Posted by suncruiser00 View Post
    .. you have to take the head rests out by pushing in the buttons on the seats, s
    My headrests automatically fold back when you fold the rear seats down. I thought they all did.

hcubed is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2002 Escalade

If you have the second row bench seat, (60/40 split) simply pull up on the strap located at the rear of the seat cushions and pull the seat cushions up. Then fold it forward.
    Insert the seatbelt buckles into the pockets provided on the driver's side seatback so they will be available when the seats are returned to the upright position.
    Pull the seatback forward and fold it down until it is flat.

Make sure the drivers and passengers front seats are far enough forward to allow the seat cushions to fold vertical and the seat back to lie flat.

Reverse the procedure to return the seats to the uprioght position.

This info is found in chapter 1 of the owners manual.

suncruiser00 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 esv platinum

hi bigk! not mine... I have the 2nd row buckets with heated and cooled seats.. I have to physically remove them from each side and stick them on top of the actualy seat cushion ya sit on when it goes up towards the driver seat.. it has two holes to puit them in.

Tx_Lee is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac Escalade

i also have 2nd row buckets in my 05 escalade and all i have to do is pull the strap in the middle of the seat up, fold the back support down and the headrests should automatically flip backward on its hinge (no need to remove them)

Hazel is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 Escalade ESV

That was very helpful! Thank you! I could not figure out how to get those buckets folded down flat. After reading this thread, it was so easy! Now I just need to figure out if the 3rd row of seats can fold flat!

the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade

Quote Originally Posted by Hazel View Post
    That was very helpful! Thank you! I could not figure out how to get those buckets folded down flat. After reading this thread, it was so easy! Now I just need to figure out if the 3rd row of seats can fold flat!
    i can tell you right now they don't although they are removable so all you do is pull the numbered levers in order to be able to remove the third row seats and yes the second row seats headrests fold behind he setback when you lower it i know as my 03 has the bucket seats and they do that.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.