Service airbag..GRRR - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, Service airbag..GRRR in Cadillac Escalade Forums; do you have a picture to that connector and the exact location? I dont wanna start cutting things and resolder. ...
    sillyboi is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Re: Service airbag..GRRR

do you have a picture to that connector and the exact location? I dont wanna start cutting things and resolder. haha btw thanks.

Caddydude420 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Don't have a picture - the shop did it. I'll see if I can find the paper work - they gave me the service bulletin but I need to find it

trodder is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Current: 03 Escalade Prev: 01DTS, 98Deville, 89STS, 87Fleet

Quote Originally Posted by Caddydude420 View Post
    Don't have a picture - the shop did it. I'll see if I can find the paper work - they gave me the service bulletin but I need to find it
    Just take a pic of where the wires are located so we have an idea where to look. I am first going to get my scanned but if it doesn't say there is a bad sensor than I am going to start chasing down the wire issue.

shore is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade

I think he might be talkin about behind the kick panel near the e-brake.That is a bad spot but mine looks brand new.It's a yellow harness behind the kick panel.Undo it and look at it.

scottrockett is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 Escalade ESV

Quote Originally Posted by Caddydude420 View Post
    My parking brake chewed up a bunch of wires coming through the firewall. Once I repaired them it corrected the air bag warning, the air suspension began working again and my high beams started working correctly (they wouldn't turn off). This is a pic of what my wires looked like when I discovered the issue. I don't know which one is the air bag but if you have any damaged, it may be it.
    Attached Images

sillyboi is offline Cadillac Owners Member

nice to know, I haven't had time to take it in for diagnose scan, but I'll sure look under the parking brake to see if I see any damage wires. Thanks.

nik24 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ESCALADE

Hi!
    Would you know by any chance where the other front impact sensor is located (the one that's on the side of the passenger's seat)?
    I was trying to follow along with your pictures, but i'm not that good with the drawings. Mind explaining it to me?
    Thank you!

the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by nik24
    Hi!
    Would you know by any chance where the other front impact sensor is located (the one that's on the side of the passenger's seat)?
    I was trying to follow along with your pictures, but i'm not that good with the drawings. Mind explaining it to me?
    Thank you!
    Do you mean the side impact sensor?

nik24 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ESCALADE

No, on my escalade (2005) in the front there are two impact sensors: one in the driver's side front, and the other the passenger's side front. I found the driver's impact sensor, and already changed it, but i can't manage to find the other one. Also, do you happen to know if the impact sensors are the same model, or do they differ from one location to another?
    Thank you!

gyrixx is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 Escalade ESV

I have the same problem with my 2008 right now.
    If you have an android phone you can simply download the TORQUE application and use a OBD2 Bluetooth module (plugs into the OBD2 port on any car) and scan for codes etc.
    The cost is around $30 and you can check your codes / see live engine readings etc for free in the future.

That being said, there was NO code in the system when I scanned, however the "service airbag" warning is still present.

Quote Originally Posted by gyrixx
    I have the same problem with my 2008 right now.
    If you have an android phone you can simply download the TORQUE application and use a OBD2 Bluetooth module (plugs into the OBD2 port on any car) and scan for codes etc.
    The cost is around $30 and you can check your codes / see live engine readings etc for free in the future.

That being said, there was NO code in the system when I scanned, however the "service airbag" warning is still present.
    The reason you can't retrieve the codes is because the scanner you have can only read the power train codes not the airbag codes I know this as I have a code reader my self and it won't recognize the air bag codes

gyrixx is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 Escalade ESV

That's unfortunate.... & frustrating...

----------

On another Note: Do these vehicles have the ability to display the code numbers on the dash via some special trick?
    Ex: Chrysler products will display the code right on the dash via the ignition key method-> Ignition key to Run, the Off, then Run, then Off, then Run... Code is displayed on the dash.

Quote Originally Posted by gyrixx
    That's unfortunate.... & frustrating...

----------

On another Note: Do these vehicles have the ability to display the code numbers on the dash via some special trick?
    Ex: Chrysler products will display the code right on the dash via the ignition key method-> Ignition key to Run, the Off, then Run, then Off, then Run... Code is displayed on the dash.
    I know the cars do I don't think the trucks has that ability(I used that code trick on my previous car 99 Chrysler Concorde before)

Silent_Assasin is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Escalade EXT - Rip Tide Blue

Thumbs down Re: Service airbag..GRRR

Quote Originally Posted by sillyboi View Post
    I hardly drive my 05 escalade, only on weekends. I started it up yesterday and it threw a "service airbag" message on my cluster. I already tried pulling the negative from the battery to reset it, but no luck. The battery is new btw. Since I'm at 77k miles, I no longer have warranty, I also called the stealerships and they told me they charge $120 to scan it. WT#@%!%^@!

Also, the passenger airbag turns on/off when there's a passenger present.

Please help..

If anyone is in the Socal area and have a scan tool or know any reputable shops beside the stealers, please let me know!

Thank you all.
    I know this is an old thread but yeah, I do the same thing barely ever drive my 05 EXT I keep it in the garage to keep miles down and keep it clean! I pulled it out the smorning to drive it and now my service air bag light is on! I find it funny that I never drive this truck but every single time I pull it out of the garage there is something else wrong with it or another noise! I drive my 01 Dodge Dakota every single day and beat the hell out of that thing it has 230k miles on it and I NEVER have any issues with it! But this 05 EXT with less than 70k miles is nickel and diming me to death! GGGRRRR, I dislike this caddy more and more every day!

Quote Originally Posted by Silent_Assasin

I know this is an old thread but yeah, I do the same thing barely ever drive my 05 EXT I keep it in the garage to keep miles down and keep it clean! I pulled it out the smorning to drive it and now my service air bag light is on! I find it funny that I never drive this truck but every single time I pull it out of the garage there is something else wrong with it or another noise! I drive my 01 Dodge Dakota every single day and beat the hell out of that thing it has 230k miles on it and I NEVER have any issues with it! But this 05 EXT with less than 70k miles is nickel and diming me to death! GGGRRRR, I dislike this caddy more and more every day!
    It wants you to drive it and not the dodge(sorry couldn't resist)
    The sensors can fail or be defective
    I had a backup sensor fail yet never seen damage(have yet to replace it)

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.