The new STS remotes are sweet! Do you think they can be programed for Escalade?
Cadillac
 

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 10 of 10
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, The new STS remotes are sweet! Do you think they can be programed for Escalade? in Cadillac Escalade Forums; I was sitting in the dealership and I saw the new 2005 STS brochure. As I was thumbing through, I ...
  1. #1
    Kappa-Lac's Avatar
    Kappa-Lac is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Age
    39
    Posts
    276

    The new STS remotes are sweet! Do you think they can be programed for Escalade?

    I was sitting in the dealership and I saw the new 2005 STS brochure. As I was thumbing through, I read that it has auto start and they show the pic of the remote. Now I know they can program the "GM" standard remote to do remote start, but can the STS remote be programed to work with Escalade?
    (I will try and post a pic later.)

  2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    H.V., Pa/Town of Webb, NY
    Posts
    12,914

    Re: The new STS remotes are sweet! Do you think they can be programed for Escalade?

    I have seen them, they probably will not work with the Escalade's, you can get a remote starter that can be programmed through your FOB.

  4. #3
    T_Dogg8's Avatar
    T_Dogg8 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2002 Escalade EXT 2003 CTS
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    2,860

    Re: The new STS remotes are sweet! Do you think they can be programed for Escalade?

    how does that work?? which button would it use??

  5. #4
    Kappa-Lac's Avatar
    Kappa-Lac is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Age
    39
    Posts
    276
    Thread Starter

    Re: The new STS remotes are sweet! Do you think they can be programed for Escalade?

    Here is the pic of the remote...
    Attached Images

  6. #5
    Machine's Avatar
    Machine is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    148

    Re: The new STS remotes are sweet! Do you think they can be programed for Escalade?

    I have Keyless-Go on my SL55 and it's the best thing they to put into vehicles since power windows. I touch the door and it locks or unlocks. I sit in the drivers seat, hit the ignition button on the shifter and everything comes to life - the whole time the key is in my pocket. GM needs to incorporate this technology into their vehcles!!!!

  7. #6
    T_Dogg8's Avatar
    T_Dogg8 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2002 Escalade EXT 2003 CTS
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    2,860

    Re: The new STS remotes are sweet! Do you think they can be programed for Escalade?

    i've seen that but never used it. how does it work??

  8. #7
    Machine's Avatar
    Machine is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    148

    Re: The new STS remotes are sweet! Do you think they can be programed for Escalade?

    I have no clue on how the actual technology works. These are the kind of things that make driving better and better. I thought that heated seats were a joke, that is, until my first time to experience them. Back-up sensors were also a joke until I had them. Now, Keyless-Go is a must have in my book.

    I walk up to the car, touch the handle, the doors unlock and the alarm disengages, I sit in the drivers seat and press the ignition button - thatís cleverly integrated into the shifter, the car fires and away I go. No fumbling for keys, no key-fob button to press...nothing. When I exit the car all I do is touch the door handle and the doors lock and the alarm is engaged. :coolgleam

  9. #8
    T_Dogg8's Avatar
    T_Dogg8 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2002 Escalade EXT 2003 CTS
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    2,860

    Re: The new STS remotes are sweet! Do you think they can be programed for Escalade?

    Quote Originally Posted by Machine
    I have no clue on how the actual technology works. These are the kind of things that make driving better and better. I thought that heated seats were a joke, that is, until my first time to experience them. Back-up sensors were also a joke until I had them. Now, Keyless-Go is a must have in my book.

    I walk up to the car, touch the handle, the doors unlock and the alarm disengages, I sit in the drivers seat and press the ignition button - thatís cleverly integrated into the shifter, the car fires and away I go. No fumbling for keys, no key-fob button to press...nothing. When I exit the car all I do is touch the door handle and the doors lock and the alarm is engaged. :coolgleam
    wow

  10. #9
    Kappa-Lac's Avatar
    Kappa-Lac is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Age
    39
    Posts
    276
    Thread Starter

    Re: The new STS remotes are sweet! Do you think they can be programed for Escalade?

    Quote Originally Posted by hcvone
    I have seen them, they probably will not work with the Escalade's, you can get a remote starter that can be programmed through your FOB.
    yeah, I know I could get the one the dealer offers it for about $300. I was just happy to see a FOB different from the standered GM FOB. My brother has a 95 camaro and his fob is the same as my 04 ESV! I just was glad to see somthing different!

  11. #10
    T_Dogg8's Avatar
    T_Dogg8 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2002 Escalade EXT 2003 CTS
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    2,860

    Re: The new STS remotes are sweet! Do you think they can be programed for Escalade?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kappa-Lac
    yeah, I know I could get the one the dealer offers it for about $300. I was just happy to see a FOB different from the standered GM FOB. My brother has a 95 camaro and his fob is the same as my 04 ESV! I just was glad to see somthing different!
    that's always been my one complaint with american cars, too many 'cookie-cutter' items.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Bookmarks

Cadillac Posting Rules

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Read about Lincoln | Buick | Kia Forte Forum
Need products for your Cadillac? Check out your options at the links below:

custom floor mats | Cadillac Chrome and Black Chrome Wheels | window tinting