sideview mirrors rattle on highway
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, sideview mirrors rattle on highway in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Has anyone else had this problem. I have an 04 ext. When driving at least 60 mph the mirrors themselves ...
    om542 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

sideview mirrors rattle on highway

Has anyone else had this problem. I have an 04 ext. When driving at least 60 mph the mirrors themselves start to rattle and it makes it really hard to see. I could barely tell what kind of car is directly behind me with the shaking. It happens on the drivers side and a little on the passenger.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Xrayqueen is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Lightbulb Re: sideview mirrors rattle on highway

I have Toyota Landcruiser. The same thing happened on driver side. The problem is there is a plastic bracket inside a piece had chipped off. Therefore rattling occured. Once bracket repaired by mirror/glass people I was good to go. Sometimes you have to buy entire assembly but luckly my guy only had to repair bracket. Total cost was 30.00. Hope that helps you.
    Peace

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

Re: sideview mirrors rattle on highway

My one Grand Cherokee did that, the dealer replaced the morrir under warranty, my Escalade's mirrors have no movement.

Sta11ion is offline Awaiting Email Confirmation

I had the same problem take the glass off then between the glass and the bracket that holds it put some 1 sided foam tape that will remove the vibrations.

T_Dogg8 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2002 Escalade EXT 2003 CTS

i'd take it back. it's new and the dealer should make it right.

Marc Kessler is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Do you have a bug shield on the front of your hood? I had that problem on a 1995 Suburban. Some bug shields have bad aerodynamics causing the mirror to shake.

om542 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Kessler
    Do you have a bug shield on the front of your hood? I had that problem on a 1995 Suburban. Some bug shields have bad aerodynamics causing the mirror to shake.
    Yeah, actually I just installed it. That was the first time I took it on the highway since. I bought the GM bug shield and put the 3m tape they supplied in between the door jam and front windshield. I'm gonna have to take it to the dealer anyway and have them do something.Thanks for the help guys.

T_Dogg8 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2002 Escalade EXT 2003 CTS

let us know how you make out.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.