Cadillac Owners Forum banner

2002 High Beam/Low Beam Modification

7K views 18 replies 7 participants last post by  the cadillac man 
#1 ·
Does anyone know how to modify a 2002 so that the high beams and low beams can be on at the same time like the 2003 - 2006 models? I have HIDS in my high/low beams and when I flash the highs, they are so dim when warming up. I would really like to modify it so that I can use my highs at the same time as the lows so I don't have that period where I can hardly see when the highs are warming up.

#5 ·
Yeah, I tried all sorts of searches, but couldn't find anything on this topic. I would really hate to have to put the stock bulbs back in the high beams. I do a lot of driving on country roads and need to use the the highs quite often. I hate the warm up period for the highs and how dim it is when switching. I didn't know if there was an easy mod for this.

#6 ·
#9 ·
I did this mod to my old diesel truck, I think the relay method is better because you then are running full power right from the battery to power the dims (thus bypassing most of the original circuit). I like using those easy splice clips for jobs like that (see pic). Its interesting that from the factory they get the idea....to get more light, lets turn off a set of lights! You would think logic would be to turn on more lights, especially since its been done before!

Attachments

#12 ·
Personally i would go with 35W Hids instead specially for the Fogs. When the lights start up is when you have the biggest current draw, So as long as you are not turning them all on at the same time i couldn't see a problem. The 55W kits use a few more Amps compared to the 35W kits. So you would be safer doin all 35W.
I also find that the 55W kits produce more glare in the standard Halogen Housing.
But thats just MY Opinion...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.