Roll pan........ Yes, ROLL PAN ! ! ! - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, Roll pan........ Yes, ROLL PAN ! ! ! in Cadillac Escalade Forums; I live a bit north of san diego, I could go with a meeting close to LA or somewhere near ...
    fast66 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Escalade EXT

Re: Roll pan........ Yes, ROLL PAN ! ! !

I live a bit north of san diego, I could go with a meeting close to LA or somewhere near that. It would be pretty cool to see all the faces that Ive been talking to while on this forums. Hell we could even hit clubs and shit. hehehe roll in with all escalades, that would be insane.

onbagz2002 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Thumbs up Re: Roll pan........ Yes, ROLL PAN ! ! !

HELL YA that would be badass.. I'm down

T_Dogg8 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2002 Escalade EXT 2003 CTS

has anyone found a side pic of an escalade with a roll pan??

by the way bagz, love those custom front seats

outofdablue is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I talked to the guy today and he said it was only for the regular Escalades. The Ext/Esv would have to trim the frame rails. Also, the roll pan would have to be molded in on the sides. Thats how you get that all one piece smooth look. You can see on the picture where the sides meet the roll pan with no space, meaning they fiberglassed the sides and molded them in. The only problem with the roll pan being molded in is, there is no give to the bumper, if some1 hits your bumper the first place to give in is where the sides were molded in. That means you will have a crack in the paint and fiberglass and you would have to get it done all over again. I had an 00 Escalade with a custom made roll pan and had to get this molding in process done over and over again. A real pain in da ASS. So those of you who are ordering the roll pan keep in mind that the trade-off for "looks" of the roll pan may not be worth the headaches of everyday parking and driving. I figured I would warn you guys since I posted the thread for the roll pan. I personally would love the "one off look" of an Escalade with a roll pan, but I do not want to go through what I went through with my old Escalade. Some things are made the way they are for a reason.

T_Dogg8 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2002 Escalade EXT 2003 CTS

Quote Originally Posted by outofdablue
    I talked to the guy today and he said it was only for the regular Escalades. The Ext/Esv would have to trim the frame rails. Also, the roll pan would have to be molded in on the sides. Thats how you get that all one piece smooth look. You can see on the picture where the sides meet the roll pan with no space, meaning they fiberglassed the sides and molded them in. The only problem with the roll pan being molded in is, there is no give to the bumper, if some1 hits your bumper the first place to give in is where the sides were molded in. That means you will have a crack in the paint and fiberglass and you would have to get it done all over again. I had an 00 Escalade with a custom made roll pan and had to get this molding in process done over and over again. A real pain in da ASS. So those of you who are ordering the roll pan keep in mind that the trade-off for "looks" of the roll pan may not be worth the headaches of everyday parking and driving. I figured I would warn you guys since I posted the thread for the roll pan. I personally would love the "one off look" of an Escalade with a roll pan, but I do not want to go through what I went through with my old Escalade. Some things are made the way they are for a reason.
    you're exactly right. i use to have a 97 eclipse with a custom one-off widebody kit. it was cool since i knew no one in the world had one like it, but it was a pain in the ass because so much was molded in that i was afraid of cracking it.

Talking Re: Roll pan........ Yes, ROLL PAN ! ! !

well good thing i ordered just 1...

THANK YOU T DOGG8 if anyone wants those customs seat just call 1-800-HOME DEPOT

Sta11ion is offline Awaiting Email Confirmation

All the work in install that roll pan, you might as well get some sheet metal and make your own. You lose the hole point in buying this truck, you cant tow. You cant back into to peoples cars then drive away without a scratch.

then don't buy one mine came in today.. cant wait to put it on...i'll post pics when i can...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.