Multimedia in a 2002 Escalade...
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, Multimedia in a 2002 Escalade... in Cadillac Escalade Forums; I own a 2002 Black Escalade. I need to get some screens in it for both the front passenger (pilot ...
    BigBoyTruck is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Multimedia in a 2002 Escalade...

I own a 2002 Black Escalade. I need to get some screens in it for both the front passenger (pilot and co-pilot) as well as something for the rear passengers.

I know I can put a flip down just behind the sunroof for the rear passengers. However, I need a solution for the front as well.

Here's the trick part. I dont want to lose my factory head unit. I like being able to control my head unit from the steering wheel and what have you.

I dont mind moving the cd changer if I have to. However, I do want to keep it so I can maintin control of it from the steering wheel.

Please give me any recommendations that you can so I can get some multimedia into my vehicle. Hopefully a unit with a tuner since football season is around the corner.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

T_Dogg8 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2002 Escalade EXT 2003 CTS

Re: Multimedia in a 2002 Escalade...

well, you could try visor tvs or if you want to go big, a custom dash with a tv in it.

you could also try to relocate your factory headunit. a lot of people have said it can be done, but i haven't seen pics of it yet, so i'm not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by T_Dogg8
    well, you could try visor tvs or if you want to go big, a custom dash with a tv in it.

you could also try to relocate your factory headunit. a lot of people have said it can be done, but i haven't seen pics of it yet, so i'm not sure.
    I was thinking about pulling the cd changer out and relocating it somewhere and then putting a flip monitor/DVD player in its place.

Anybody ever try this.

Is it awkward to look up on a visor and watch TV? I mean, I realize you wouldnt do it while driving. But it just seems like you would always be looking up.

T_Dogg8 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2002 Escalade EXT 2003 CTS

personally i wouldn't like it. but i think for the front seats it would be hard to get anything 'comfortable.' no matter where you put it, it's going to be a little weird. i'd go with one where the cd changer is at if you can get the cd changer moved (shouldn't be too difficult) and if you don't mind not having your cd changer conviently close.

I'm thinking maybe I could relocate the cd changer to the glove compartment.

onbagz2002 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

here is my visors i barely ever use em... more for looks

U forgot the pics, I think.

onbagz2002 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Question Re: Multimedia in a 2002 Escalade...

what do you mean dont you see the visor screens?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.