Performance upgrades
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, Performance upgrades in Cadillac Escalade Forums; I was just wondering what you guys have done to make your lade a little faster with some easy performance ...
    mskittrell05 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Performance upgrades

I was just wondering what you guys have done to make your lade a little faster with some easy performance upgrades...

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

Re: Performance upgrades

Exhaust helps slightly, an air intake like Volant or K&N will make a noticable difference, having you computer reprogrammed will as make a difference, or a product like the Preditor hand held computer reprogrammer will help. A supercharger is the way to go for real performance

Do you have the performance Specs for the Jeep overland and the cadillac escalade...Which one is faster?

Overland is faster, much lighter

SNaray8442 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Eh, after driving my Escalade, I'm not sure why you would want to make the Escalade go faster. Unless all you do is go in a straight line, the Escalade isn't really great at corners. I'm sure you could invest money into sway bars and a lowering kit, but still, it won't be a sports car. I guess this is kinda influenced by the fact that I have an X5 as well, which is much more performance oriented than the Escalade.

Escalade is more about style and image than performance.

T_Dogg8 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2002 Escalade EXT 2003 CTS

i think the escalade handles pretty well. it handles as well as any other large suv i've ever driven. i do a lot of windy 'back road' driving and i think it's great. i don't need it any faster, but i can understand why someone would want to. everything is better faster

Machine is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by SNaray8442
    Eh, after driving my Escalade, I'm not sure why you would want to make the Escalade go faster. Unless all you do is go in a straight line, the Escalade isn't really great at corners. I'm sure you could invest money into sway bars and a lowering kit, but still, it won't be a sports car. I guess this is kinda influenced by the fact that I have an X5 as well, which is much more performance oriented than the Escalade.

Escalade is more about style and image than performance.

Hi –

A Cadillac being all about style and image and not performance is obviously a personal opinion. Cadillac itself is promoting performance in their ad campaigns.

The most economical way to increase performance is to have a custom tune. They range from $299-$500 depending on if you get a generic programmer or a specific tune designed around your vehicle. The custom tunes from Nelson can add 25-35 HP

A Catback exhaust and air intake are also good additions to add a little power but they cost more and won’t give you the results of a tune.

I combined all of the above with a supercharger and the result has been very impressive for a big SUV. I think it can even beat a Jeep Overland

I am sure it would beat my stock green Overland, but my red Overland did have a supercharger, exhaust and intake, it ran 13.93 at Atco, not bad fore a Jeep.

SNaray8442 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by Machine
    Hi –

A Cadillac being all about style and image and not performance is obviously a personal opinion. Cadillac itself is promoting performance in their ad campaigns.

The most economical way to increase performance is to have a custom tune. They range from $299-$500 depending on if you get a generic programmer or a specific tune designed around your vehicle. The custom tunes from Nelson can add 25-35 HP

A Catback exhaust and air intake are also good additions to add a little power but they cost more and won’t give you the results of a tune.

I combined all of the above with a supercharger and the result has been very impressive for a big SUV. I think it can even beat a Jeep Overland
    Oh yea, definately. The engine is very nice in these Escalades and responds very well to mods and tuning. Its just the handling part that I am going to work on for now. For me, its just very scary attempting turns than my X5 can handle easily in my Escalade, but I guess I'm just not accustomed to driving a large vehicle like the Escalade with this much power (I also own a '94 Chevy G20 conversion van, bigger than the escalade with less power, so I never tried to push it)

My Escalade will eventually have a supercharger, but the brakes and handling need to be improved first for me to be fully comfortable with it.

Xrayqueen is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Cool Re: Performance upgrades

I own a Landcruiser as well as my new Escalade (Mr. Lucky) My Escalade corners so much smoother than the Landcruiser. I don't really notice a lean factor as in the Landcruiser. Just my 2 cents
    Peace

T_Dogg8 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2002 Escalade EXT 2003 CTS

i'd agree. i think my EXT handles really well and i don't notice much lean. i drive that or a corvette and obviously the corvette handles a lot better, but when comparing the size i think my EXT more than holds its own.

What are the best modifications to increase your gas mileage and the estimated prices

Machine is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by hcvone
    I am sure it would beat my stock green Overland, but my red Overland did have a supercharger, exhaust and intake, it ran 13.93 at Atco, not bad fore a Jeep.

Not bad at all.

Jungle George is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Thumbs up Re: Performance upgrades

Quote Originally Posted by mskittrell05
    I was just wondering what you guys have done to make your lade a little faster with some easy performance upgrades...
    This is what I did to make mine faster........

ALLeyez187onME is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

exhaust, headers, cold air intake....worked for me...by the way the handling sux on the escalade, mine is lowered about 3 inches front and back and still have trouble with handling, its not that bad but still isnt the best for an SUV.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.