Bluetooth Solution- Galaxy 1000 Review
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, Bluetooth Solution- Galaxy 1000 Review in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Many of you have been waiting on a review of my product. This gentleman has posted his review on both ...
    galaxy1000 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 STS V6 Lux

Thumbs up Bluetooth Solution- Galaxy 1000 Review

Many of you have been waiting on a review of my product. This gentleman has posted his review on both the CTS and the CTS-V forums. If anyone here has purchased my Galaxy 1000 and would post a review I would appreciate it. In the meantime here's the link to the review

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...00-review.html

and here's the link for the Galaxy 1000; www.galaxy1000.com

Thank you to everyone that has purchased and to those who have considered it.

Fred

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

blown65stang is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Re: Bluetooth Solution- Galaxy 1000 Review

I have an aftermarket stereo. Would the galaxy 1000 still lower the volume when a call comes in. Can you answer with your steering wheel control.`

luxurylife33 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 99 Escalade (sold) 03 Escalade EXT (sold) - 07 Escalade EXT

I will till a more reputable member makes a review. I'm sorry, but a fairly new member with only 24 posts (most of which are related to bluetooth questions) does not sell me on the unit. Seems kinda fishy, but I'll wait and see.

I dont mean to come off like a d*ck but there was a vendor on here "yourGMsolution" (late 08) who ripped off a lot of members with faulty bluetooth integration and reverse camera integration kits and was eventually kicked off the site. This Galaxy company surfaced shortly, selling only GM kits...

Quote Originally Posted by luxurylife33 View Post
    I will till a more reputable member makes a review. I'm sorry, but a fairly new member with only 24 posts (most of which are related to bluetooth questions) does not sell me on the unit. Seems kinda fishy, but I'll wait and see.

I dont mean to come off like a d*ck but there was a vendor on here "yourGMsolution" (late 08) who ripped off a lot of members with faulty bluetooth integration and reverse camera integration kits and was eventually kicked off the site. This Galaxy company surfaced shortly, selling only GM kits...
    I can appreciate your concern, I will tell you that when I say I refuse to have an unhappy customer I mean it. How about this, give me a call tomorrow and we'll figure out a way for you to check out the unit and give an unbiased review. My number is 781-523-1900

Fred

Quote Originally Posted by blown65stang View Post
    I have an aftermarket stereo. Would the galaxy 1000 still lower the volume when a call comes in. Can you answer with your steering wheel control.`
    Yes, it will lower the volume and no as far as the talk button on the steering wheel. We are working on an update that would enable the talk button on the streering wheel (currently the volume works), once completed the update will be offered at no charge to all existing customers.

roboteacher is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Steering wheel control is definately what I'm waiting for. I've searched the web and have yet to find anybody that's unhappy with this system. Keep us posted on the steering wheel control upgrade.

hybridpower is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Escalade

So why will this not work with the 2002? I've been planning to purchase the bluestar unit; what, if any would be an advantage to this?

McLovin is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 Escalade EXT Supercharged & 2003 Escalade

So I take it that Onstar can not be used along with the Galaxy 1000?

Quote Originally Posted by hybridpower View Post
    So why will this not work with the 2002? I've been planning to purchase the bluestar unit; what, if any would be an advantage to this?
    It may work fine, we have not been able to physically check it for ourselves. Based on the information I can find it does have a class 2 data bus and should work fine. If you would like to try it we do offer a 100% moneyback guarantee.

100% Money Back Guarantee
    If you are not satisfied with the Galaxy 1000, please notify us within 14 days of receipt of the unit and we will issue a return authorization to you and a label. Once we receive the unit back, your purchase price will be refunded in full. No restocking fee, no hassles!

Quote Originally Posted by McLovin View Post
    So I take it that Onstar can not be used along with the Galaxy 1000?
    That is correct, you do lose the functionality of the Onstar.

blown65stang is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

so how far out is that set up with steering wheel control.
    maksitfaster likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by blown65stang View Post
    so how far out is that set up with steering wheel control.
    We should be rolling it out either with or right after our second generation (for the newer vehicles) system in the next 30-90 days. It will be a NO charge upgrade to every one of our customers that currently has or orders a Galaxy 1000 that does not have it. I do want to add that while we feel we can add it no problem it is not 100% certain, more like 99%.

Esco04 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 Escalade EXT

Can this unit handle stereo Bluetooth? I'd like to stream music and Internet radio from my cell phone to the car via Bluetooth A2DP.

Quote Originally Posted by Esco04 View Post
    Can this unit handle stereo Bluetooth? I'd like to stream music and Internet radio from my cell phone to the car via Bluetooth A2DP.
    Unfortunately no, it does not stream music. I will have to request this from the engineers, but I have a feeling if it was not a problem to do they would have done it already.

Z06-Dave is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Escalade

Quote Originally Posted by galaxy1000 View Post
    I can appreciate your concern, I will tell you that when I say I refuse to have an unhappy customer I mean it. How about this, give me a call tomorrow and we'll figure out a way for you to check out the unit and give an unbiased review. My number is 781-523-1900

Fred
    Can I use this number to order the unit?
    I'll also offer a review, although I'm not a frequent user of the forum either.
    I have an 06 Escalade.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.