Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Bluetooth Solution- Galaxy 1000 Review

25K views 57 replies 17 participants last post by  galaxy1000 
#1 ·
#5 ·
Yes, it will lower the volume and no as far as the talk button on the steering wheel. We are working on an update that would enable the talk button on the streering wheel (currently the volume works), once completed the update will be offered at no charge to all existing customers.

#3 · (Edited)
I will till a more reputable member makes a review. I'm sorry, but a fairly new member with only 24 posts (most of which are related to bluetooth questions) does not sell me on the unit. Seems kinda fishy, but I'll wait and see.

I dont mean to come off like a d*ck but there was a vendor on here "yourGMsolution" (late 08) who ripped off a lot of members with faulty bluetooth integration and reverse camera integration kits and was eventually kicked off the site. This Galaxy company surfaced shortly, selling only GM kits...

#4 ·
I can appreciate your concern, I will tell you that when I say I refuse to have an unhappy customer I mean it. How about this, give me a call tomorrow and we'll figure out a way for you to check out the unit and give an unbiased review. My number is 781-523-1900

Fred

#9 · (Edited)
It may work fine, we have not been able to physically check it for ourselves. Based on the information I can find it does have a class 2 data bus and should work fine. If you would like to try it we do offer a 100% moneyback guarantee.

100% Money Back Guarantee
If you are not satisfied with the Galaxy 1000, please notify us within 14 days of receipt of the unit and we will issue a return authorization to you and a label. Once we receive the unit back, your purchase price will be refunded in full. No restocking fee, no hassles!​

#12 ·
We should be rolling it out either with or right after our second generation (for the newer vehicles) system in the next 30-90 days. It will be a NO charge upgrade to every one of our customers that currently has or orders a Galaxy 1000 that does not have it. I do want to add that while we feel we can add it no problem it is not 100% certain, more like 99%.

#17 ·
Ok, everyone can track my progress from ordering to install...

I ordered it on 2/15/2010 at 1:00 pm

I received the message below from the website, I'm not sure it my order went through or not. I don't want to risk buying two of them so please let me know if you have my order

Response Type = A
Response Code = A01
Response Description = APPROVED
Approved Verification: Used with ATMVerify processing only.QUERY EXECUTE ERROR=> Unknown column 'shipping_country' in 'field list'

Thanks,
Dave

#19 ·
:thumbsup:
I received the unit in the mail today. I had already scoped out the location inside the glovebox so I knew what I needed to do. Just as advertised, the install took less than two minutes. I immediately turned on the car, paired up with my iphone and made a call. The unit works as advertised, I was able to dial using my voice as well as other phone features. You answer the phone with the button on the miror. My only issue is that there is very little room behind the glovebox to fit the unit. Once you figure out where it fits it's easy but at first I was worried it would not.
If anyone has any concerns or questions feel free to send me a message and I'll answer what I can.

Dave

#20 ·
There has been some discussion on other threads about the pricing.

For those that can't justify the pricing I am truly sorry we can't help you, there is very little markup (although I realize that is my issue and not yours) in the unit. Sure, we could probably use cheaper parts and have the units built in China and be able to charge less, but that would in my opinion lead to quality issues.

Order yours today at www.galaxy1000.com

Fred

#22 ·
Sorry for the delay in answering, I've been down with the flu. You would need to access the mirror buttons to answer calls, and to pair your phone. Some phones will work so that you can answer with the phone and it will switch over to the Galaxy, but this is the exception not the rule if you know what I mean. We will be launching an updated version that will allow for the use of the steering wheel controls soon for the talk functions.

Thanks for your interest, please do not hesitate to call me at 781-523-1900 with any questions,

Fred

#23 ·
I just wanted to touch base and thank all of you that did get the broken link on my page for emailing me. It appears there was a piece of code out of place. We are in the middle of changing the order basket so that our customers from Canada may order online. Right now they will get an error message and will need to email me for a PayPal link.

Thank you all for your business, we appreciate it!!!

Order today at www.galaxy1000.com

Fred

#26 ·
GREAT NEWS

For all of you that have purchased the Galaxy 1000, you know that there is an extra spot for a small plug on the unit itself. This plug is for people that would like switched power for an accessory. We will have these harnesses available for purchase by the end of next week. Cost has not been finalized but should be under $25.00.

I'll post more details as I have them,

Fred

#28 ·
So just that I am 100% you lose ALL functionality of Onstar correct? Meaning that if airbags deployed or anything like there would no longer be an automatic alert sent to onstar and also you would no longer be able to hit the emergency button and connect with an onstar rep?? Or do you just lose the phone option to make adn recieve calls? Also not that it makes a whole difference being that car thieves are pretty smart these days but by doing this mod do you lose the ability to have onstar track the vehicle?

#30 ·
I think that will probably be the deal breaker.. Given I don't take my car that far on trips and whatnot I still like the comfort of knowing that someone is always a push of a button away.. I know these days everyone has a cellphone and its rare (for my area) that you would ever be somewhere that there is no one around but still.. the comfort of knowing that if i crash and cant find the phone or if someone is trying to jack the car with myself or a family member inside that all they have to do is smack that button and someone will be there and be able to send help.. I am a cop and while i have the safety of being able to carry a gun not everyone has that comfort of having some piece of mind.. We just had an incident recently where a husband and wife were fighting and he was threatening her and when he wasnt looking she hit the emergency button and it connected to onstar and the rep heard him screaming and immediately notified police of the matter with the location of the car.. Turned out to be nothing more than an argument but imagine if the person wasnt her husband.. idk.. I know im rambling now.. The idea and concept is great.. Just wish that it would keep the emergency button or possibly make it where there is a switch available so that if you have it flipped one way all regular onstar functions are available and if flipped the other it disengages onstar for phone use.. just an idea..

#36 ·
Just a quick note, I want to thank everyone for your purchases, I'll be amending the installation instructions to include a note to turn up the bluetooth volume on the phone. I wanted to post it out here first. The volume on the phone should be set to the highest level you can then trim it back with the radio volume control.

Thanks again,

Fred

http://www.galaxy1000.com

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.